Beer

How was the Three Floy'ds Stout Ein? I ventured to the Three Floyd's brewery with Belij last year and you HAVE to try their Drunk Monk hefeweizen, unbelievable brew. Unfortunately, Three Floyd's only serves Drunk Monk on tap. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Quality brewers all around though, regardless.

Okay, so I couldn't wait until tomorrow. :cool: I'm having it now, and it's pretty damn good. It's a bit more hoppier than I usually like in a stout, but the taste is very good. They say it uses "piney hops," and the taste definitely complements the dark flavor. The coffee they use (I believe it's Intelligentsia) also works really well. It's crisp and clear for a stout, but still good.

YES

well I've only had it on tap. but yes. ahem

Cool, thanks. The liquor store here always has it, so I'll pick some up.

EDIT: The first shipment of my subscription to Beer of the Month club showed up today; got RJ Rockers IPA, Patriot Pale, Bellringer and Fuel Cafe Stout. Fucking psyched!

Oh me too, the beer prices here are awful. I really shouldn't complain since the two chocolate stouts I bought that I mentioned above totaled like 18 bucks + tax.

Rogue beers are basically never worth the price. Almost always cheaper and better options will be available.

Bell's Best Brown Ale is not bad. The Sam Adams one was nice too, but I'm not sure if it's available anymore.

On the contrary, Rogue's Hazelnut Brown is one of the best browns I've had, but it's heavy on the sweet flavor so you need to like that kind of thing.

I have not yet had Rogue's Dead Guy but I get the feeling it's probably pretty good and rms is a moron.

Had a glass of Shipyard Export on tap tonight at a local place. Pretty good, smelled nice and fruity with some buttery, bready notes and went down smooth. Would buy again

Dead Guy is adequate, but it sells for $11 or $12 a sixer and it is not remotely worth that price. If you can get it at a bar on tap for the same price as the rest of the craft beers, it is worth a try.

When there is so much good craft beer nowadays, it shocks me that Rogue gets away with selling sixers at $10.99 or $11.99. Nothing they make is that impressive.

Some of the stuff Rogue puts in bombers is pretty good, but if you do the math for price per ounce, bombers always fare terribly. It's not as cost-effective as it looks.

When there is so much good craft beer nowadays, it shocks me that Rogue gets away with selling sixers at $10.99 or $11.99. Nothing they make is that impressive.
Agreed

Tonight i had this:
IMG_1600.jpg
Interesting American IPA made with a significant amount of rye. Good price tag at $3.99 a bomber which i would buy again, tasted great. So far this brew and Racer 5 IPA both made by Bear Republic were solid.