Beer

yeah Bear Republic is a pretty solid brewery. Rye beers always have that extra punch...pretty interesting stuff

Had The Bruery's Mischief (Belgian IPA) and Drake's Hope Salad (DIPA) last night. Mischief was very drinkable. Golden in color. Light on the hops. It's like a tripel + an IPA. Good stuff. Drake's Hop Salad, for being pretty hoppy, was super drinkable. I really liked it.

That is a pretty crazy request. I guess in a general sense I can highly recommend most things from places like Stone, Rogue, Harpoon and other popular craft-ish places, but you might have to be a bit more specific; the American beer scene is crazy.

ditto what Andy said. Stone, Rogue, Harpoon, Dogfish Head, Sierra Nevada, Goose Island, Three Floyds, Russian River... all are great breweries worthy of being checked out

is there any particular style you're looking for?

I was in Austria on a ski trip for a couple of days and drank a whole lot of Erdinger Weissbier. Couldn't decide whether the light or dark version of it was better, but the light was infinitely better as an apres ski beer. I can understand why it's so popular in Europe, but there's definitely tons of better of Weissbiers on the market.

Rogue, Dogfish Head, Goose Island, Three Floyds

Agree with all these.

Not sure why you thought Sam Adams was bad, some of their brews are very good.

I'd also recommend Lost Coast, Lakefront, and Great Lakes.

I'll be recommending more as my Beer of the Month Club shipments arrive. :cool:

I was in Austria on a ski trip for a couple of days and drank a whole lot of Erdinger Weissbier. Couldn't decide whether the light or dark version of it was better, but the light was infinitely better as an apres ski beer. I can understand why it's so popular in Europe, but there's definitely tons of better of Weissbiers on the market.

Light Erdinger ftw!

I also like Lindenbrau's Weissbier.

Sam Adams' original Boston Lager is really boring to me, but some of their weirder/off-kilter brews are great. These include Scotch Ale, Cream Stout, Irish Red (had recently, quite tasty), Latitude 45, Chocolate Bock and Old Fezziwig's.

Keep in mind when we say "Rogue" etc. those are names of breweries, not "beers". Rogue, for instance, has something around 20 different kinds of beers in and out of rotation iirc. You'd do well to check their site for more info.

Anyway, right now I am drinking one of 6 of my Sierra Nevada Celebration Fresh Hop Ales. It's very tangy with a strong hop bite as is only to be expected from SN, but it has a warming alcohol aftertaste with some nutty and spicy hints in the mix. It goes down really well despite the thin, overly-carbonated mouthfeel and I'm sure 6 of these wouldn't be hard to finish. Probably not tonight though.

had Rogue's Shakespeare Oatmeal Stout last night actually and quite enjoyed.

The bar my buddies and I always go to is having a Russian River night in early february featuring the following beers:
RR Pliny the Elder, RR Pliny the Younger, RR Blind Pig IPA, RR IPA, RR Damnation, RR Redemption, RR Consecration (Batch: 6.1,2.10) & RR Temptation (Batch: 7.19.10).

FUCK. YES.

The bar my buddies and I always go to is having a Russian River night in early february featuring the following beers:
RR Pliny the Elder, RR Pliny the Younger, RR Blind Pig IPA, RR IPA, RR Damnation, RR Redemption, RR Consecration (Batch: 6.1,2.10) & RR Temptation (Batch: 7.19.10).

FUCK. YES.

What bar is this?

Oh right, that's the place you mentioned before. One of these days I'll have to check it out. Most likely in February then!

yeah I'll post in here once the date is confirmed. probably within the first couple of weeks of February because Pliny the Younger comes out Feb 4th

Just picked up a sixer of Samuel Adams Noble Pils & a sixer of Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale. The Noble Pils is very good. Probably the best thing I have had from Sam Adams so far. I haven't tried the Sierra Nevada yet.