Beer

Accepted. First thing I see on your page is your review for Hoptimum and in the comments you mention that Ruination was a better choice. Honestly, Ruination lives up to its name; it pretty much ruined any lesser IPAs for me, and I had it very early in my interesting-beer-imbibing days (last April :p).

yeah. if I want an easy to find DIPA, I'll go for Ruination or Hop Stoopid. Of course, if Pliny the Elder is around, I'll always go for that. Avery's DuganA is pretty good too

that's the one nice thing about living in Cali...access to all the hop bombs. Bad thing? No access to the stouts and dark beers of the midwest

I've got easy access to all the crazy New England beers, which is nice. They make a shitload of stuff in MA, VT and RI...Maine too.

new addition and addiction:

lugun.jpg

im not great at beer reviews but the IBU's aren't extremely high at 64 and it is at 7.5% abv. This is like no other Wheat beer ive tried. They are calling it an American Pale Wheat Ale which is the first of its kind that i have tried. Nice and hoppy this is more of an IPA then wheat beer imo. Tasty as all hell and i will definitely be buying this again, probably more so in the summertime.

^ That does look damn tasty, I just tried Hop Stoopid by Lagunitas tonight for the first time. My local store got in 22oz bottles of it priced at a very friendly $3.99. I was quite fond of it, I will definitely be picking up more.

Had a bomber of Rogue Dead Guy tonight. Amazing, balanced taste and mouthfeel with a solid scent. Went down really smooth and finished the bomber in like half an hour. Loved it, will buy again.

so yesterday my buddy and I brewed some beer, and whilst doing so, we consumed four in the process. One of which was Hoptimum, so I'm not going to review that again...

Mikkeller I Beat You: Really good. More malty than I thought it would be. Still pretty good hop profile and quite delicious

Mikkeller 10: This was delicious. Not as malty as I Beat You. Really smooth and crisp. This is summertime drinking as far as IPAs go. I have yet to try a bad beer from Mikkeller

Drei Fontienen Gueuze: Absolutely delicious. This is one of the top rated gueuzes (if not the top rated gueuze), and it's clear why. Blended from 1, 2 and 3 year old lambics and then aged, this is nice and fresh. Pleasing on the palate. Not too sour and funky. very accessible. Almost like a vinegar-y champagne

today I'm going down to the Stone brewery for the Stone Winter Storm. 10 tasters of ultra rare and kvlt stone beers plus a breakfast buffet = tits. write up to follow

180380_698495103357_30605382_37923646_7205268_n.jpg

Is that not a glorious sight? The Stone Winter Storm was fantastic, and the pours were not modest at all. Had 10 amazing beers:
Stone/Green Flash/Pizza Port Highway 78 Scotch Ale
2008 Bourbon Barrel Aged Russian Imperial Stout
Crime
Punishment
07.07.07 aged in Red Wine Barrels
Stone/Dogfish Head/Victory Saison du BUFF (Stone version)
2011 Belgo Old Guardian on cask
Pale Ale

I was primarily interested in the first five. The only one I did not like was Punishment. Crime was really good. Crime was oak barrel aged double dry hopped Lukcy Basartd with chili peppers. Punishment was oak barrel aged Double Arrogant Bastard with chili peppers. Punishment was pretty intense. I didn't finish it. The 2008 Russian Imperial Stout was fantastic. It was fairly similar to Goose Island Bourbon County Stout...had the boozy-ness in place of chocolatey chewyness.

The vertical epics were all great. It was my first time trying 06.06.06, and I quite liked it. The breakfast buffet was great: Challah French Toast, Bagels and Breakfast Burritos (read: starchy foods). And the weather was just perfect

167169_698494544477_30605382_37923626_3110547_n.jpg

180720_698495233097_30605382_37923650_554236_n.jpg

169001_698495282997_30605382_37923652_4069961_n.jpg

167156_698495352857_30605382_37923655_1199478_n.jpg

also brewed our first batch of beer the day before. it was fun and interesting. hopefully it turns out well. we'll see once we bottle it.

Dude that looks like you probably had an awesome time. Pretty envious of you right now, not gonna lie. Its below zero here, i have a cold and don't have beer money until friday :(

I wrote my first metal+beer review tonight, but I'm no longer doing it in the style I mentioned.

Basically, the updated style focuses on reviewing both the beer and metal at the same time, in the same review, eventually spiraling into a comparative review in which I explore how the beer measures up to the music and, if applicable, what would work better beer or music-wise in order that the match be more pleasing/fitting. It should be a great experiment. Anyone who wants to see it should let me know...Mike, I tagged you in a note containing it on FB so check it out. :)

For those curious, the review was a side-by-side, intertwining review of Brooklyn Brewery's Black Chocolate Stout (Russian ImpStout) and Omnium Gatherum's New World Shadows.

Yeah, I fucking hate all of you who live in year round warm climates. Nearly got frostbit today. Also the other day some beer exploded after I accidentally left it in my car for a few hours.

Andy: Checked the blarg out. Good stuff. I haven't tried anything from Brooklyn brewery, but the RIS sounded fucking delicious. I'm a sucker for that genre

Thanks Mike. The whole thing will be migrating to a Wordpress-style blog soon complete with custom theme and stuff, as it is one of my final undergraduate projects (not THE final project, but one of 'em :p). Hopefully you and the others who commented/liked it will continue to follow it. Brooklyn is a good brewery, you'll be sure to enjoy it.

yeah I definitely will. too bad it won't be on blogger/google blogs because then I could subscribe er whatever through my blog (or maybe I can and I'm too technologically inept)

Blogger/ex-Blogspot isn't customizable enough for this project, Wordpress allows client-side PHP/HTML/CSS editing of themes and layouts to make sites that "run as Wordpress" but potentially look and feel nothing like it.

I had a pint of Rogue's Chocolate Stout last night. I absolutely loved it, and I couldn't get past how chocolatey it tasted. The head especially. I can't imagine what the double chocalte stout tastes like.