Beer

Anybody drank this delicious little sucka?

delirium-tremens-beer-21351153.jpg

Delirium Tremens is really overrated. They just market very well. It's not bad beer by any means, but I prefer just about every other strong Belgian ale I can get my hands on. I'd always take a Duvel, Tripel Karmeleit or Piraat over it.

Yeah so they're going to have a separate line to sell tickets for Pliny the Younger. Tickets go on sale at 630. They tap Pliny the Younger at 8, but the other RR brews will be tapped before that.

Bring cash

Aw crap, I won't get there til much later because I'll be at work til 8. I guess I won't be having any Pliny the Younger :bah:

hey Alex, sorry I was leaving when you got there. Glad you at least got to try Damnation. Pliny the Younger was pretty amazing. Here are a few pictures I took with my cellphone

180704_702950220267_30605382_37999304_2671639_n.jpg

183857_702950260187_30605382_37999305_7585324_n.jpg

(waiting for Zeph to confirm whether that actually is Pliny the Younger)

185632_702950300107_30605382_37999306_8387265_n.jpg

they ended up tapping the keg at around 7:30 because they had sold all the tickets by then. Naja's did a great job handling the people and what could've easily been a clusterfuck of an event

So Naja's Place was awesome, thanks once again Mike for showing me this place. I actually managed to get a hold of one golden sip of Pliny the Younger because I stayed til closing time and one of the bartenders had saved a glass for himself and offered me the first sip! I regretted tasting it as I immediately wanted a full glass for myself! Anyway, I had a glass of Domination, Russian River IPA, and Taps Barleywine that you recommended, all of which were great!

awesome! glad you at least got to try some. I saved one of my buddies a sip of mine because he didn't get there until 830. The bartenders at Naja's are fucking awesome. They gave my buddy and I each one time three free beers and they were not cheap beers either.

What are the chances of Pliny The Younger making it's way out to Chicago? I need to try that. Naow.

doubtful. what happened in the past is people would get growlers of PtY and ship 'em out, but this year Russian River did no growler fills on it which was good because it made the beer last longer

...you may have to make a beer trip out to cali haha. But I'm just guessing. It may have shown up in the midwest, but I highly doubt it. Russian River is a pretty regional beer