Beer

Hey unknown, did Russian River night already happen at Najas Place or has it still not been announced? I skimmed through the website and I didn't see any mention of it

hasn't happened yet. Pliny The Younger was just released a week ago, and is making its way down here. Once Naja's gets their keg in, they'll have the RR Night. other bars in the area are doing Russian River nights as well.

I've been checking this listing fairly often.
http://think-brew.com/

The Stone Brewing Company Breakfast looks epic as hell.

Tonight I bought another 22oz of Hop Stoopid, and a sixer of Lagunitas IPA. I have already had Lagunitas Pale Ale & loved it, so I'm sure I will enjoy the IPA as well. Also they had Samuel Adams variety packs on sale for $12.95 so I got one of those too. It includes 2 each of Boston Lager, White Ale, Revolutionary Rye Ale, Noble Pils, Irish Red, & Scotch Ale. I'm not a big fan of Boston Lager, but I know I like the Noble Pils. I am curious about the other 4.

Irish Red is pretty good, a thin copper-red body with solid taste. I don't know a lot about reds but it tasted better than Killian's (only other red I've had :erk:). Scotch Ale is one of the best SA brews, you should love it. Very carbonation-forward with a crisp yet deep and malty taste. Noble Pils is their Spring brew, it's very hop forward due to the Noble Hops (all of 'em!) but that's about its only claim to fame; it's a bit like Urquell overall (same kind of beer, Bohemian/Czech pilsner)...very bitter, fruity and citric, which is sometimes tough to drink. I heard the White Ale is alright but there are better witbiers from what I understand.

I haven't had Smithwicck but Harp is pretty meh at best. Has anyone tried out Westvleteren 12, I think its Belgian

Westy 12 is the highest rated beer on BeerAdvocate and one of the most highly sought after beers in the world. You can only buy it at the monastery in Belgium (or every once in a while through an online distributor but rarely).

Homebrew update. Beer has been transferred to secondary fermenter and is being dry hopped with Chinook hops. Sample taste was very good. I WOULD LOVE TO POST PICS BUT APPARENTLY YOU CAN'T LINK DIRECTLY FROM FACEBOOK ANYMORE :bah:

this has probably been thrown up before...but what the hell...
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOKbhQbvpPA&playnext=1&list=PL14816A9952A35B4E[/ame]
and I'm sure I've tried and forgotten more beer than any of you lads entirely will ever know of!?

also, Cyanide, that RR night at Naja's is on Thursday. I know this is short notice, but it should be pretty awesome. If you can't make it, no worries

Sah-weeeeet, I'm off that day. If you're going I'll definitely see you there!

Missing beer and taco night in Cambridge tonight because everyone I asked to go with failed and because I'm feeling slightly sick. :(