Beer

^ Jubelale from Deschutes is a one of the best winter warmers i've had this year.

Firestone Walker's seasonal Velvet Merlin is also great ... it's an oatmeal stout though.
I'll look for that next time I go. Oatmeal stouts are one of my favorite.
Lately I've been drinking Ritual's Single Rye IPA, just because it's the best beer on tap at my sports bar. It's really growing on me though, good stuff.
I've not heard of that. I'll look around. Single Rye IPA? How's it taste overall?

Someone in Maryland wanna get me some of Flying Dogs cookie holiday beers? Those look delightful haha

I'm drinking some Busch Copper Lager. Its pretty meh. It was free though. I have Sam Adams in the fridge, too. I want something better.

I'm pretty certain Ritual doesn't distribute to Illinois. They're a pretty small Californian brewery. Shouldn't be too hard to find a Rye IPA in Illinois (I can't think of any off the top of my head)

I've not heard of that. I'll look around. Single Rye IPA? How's it taste overall?

I don't really know the professional way to describe beer flavors, but: It reminds me of the term 'liquid bread' they use for beer since it tastes a bit like rye bread. With some medium bitterness from the hops. Still goes down fairly smooth. Slightly darker color for an IPA.

Yeah I don't think Ritual sells outside of southern California. Shame that, excellent little brewery. Their Extra Red is one of the best Reds I've tried and I've had many.

Had a Chimay Blue last night and I gotta admit that I wasn't in love with it. I guess I'm not a huge Belgian fan after all.
I did have a Ballast Point Victory at Sea tonight and it was fucking awesome. It's an imperial coffee/vanilla porter, one of the finest I've had. It seems Ballast Point can do no wrong.

Had a Chimay Blue last night and I gotta admit that I wasn't in love with it. I guess I'm not a huge Belgian fan after all.
I did have a Ballast Point Victory at Sea tonight and it was fucking awesome. It's an imperial coffee/vanilla porter, one of the finest I've had. It seems Ballast Point can do no wrong.
If Chimay Blue doesn't do it for you, I don't know what to say. It's a Hall of Fame caliber beer. It's not far from the St. Bernardus or Rochefort, and probably even Westvleteren. I doubt you'd like those if you couldn't find the appeal in Chimay. It's very close to the top. I'd love to drink it all the time if not for the cost.

Haven't tried Chimay Blue, but I'm with dweller, not a big Belgian fan in general. I've stopped buying them altogether. It's fine to not like Belgians and enjoy other beers.. gimme a Red or IPA over a Belgian any day.

Drinking Heretic Evil Cousin Double IPA tonight. It's good, not great. Not as in your face as I want a double IPA to be, and a bit on the sweet side. Easy to drink but I wanted super bitter and bold going in.

I've seen Chimay at my local liquor store. Was a bit intimidated by the price tag. Will have to try one sometime.

Has anyone tried Samuel Smith winter ale yet?
Recently have only bought a few craft beers and neither were very great, save their nuttiness. Old Thumper is the better of the two shipyard beers I've had... Salty dog hazelnut porter was very disappointing though.

actually Samuel Smith's Winter Ale is one of my favorites. That and Trader Joe's Anniversary ale (which usually comes out during winter)

Just want to clarify that I didn't dislike the Chimay Blue. Belgian brews taste good, but they never reach a level of greatness with me. I was hoping I would see the light with the Chimay, but it was more of the same. A pleasant beer no doubt, but I'd much prefer a good IPA, stout, porter, barleywine...

156.jpg

Drinking one of these, now I remember why I was so impressed with it when I first had it.

if it's Lindeman's then it's gonna taste like peach fruit syrup. They're a good introduction to lambics, one of my favorite styles, but faaaar from the real deal like 3 Fonteinen, Cantillon, Boon, and De Cam.

if it's Lindeman's then it's gonna taste like peach fruit syrup. They're a good introduction to lambics, one of my favorite styles, but faaaar from the real deal like 3 Fonteinen, Cantillon, Boon, and De Cam.

True lambics are hit or miss personally, but the Gueuze from 3 Fonteinen is way up there for me.

3 Fonteinen is my personal favorite. People stumble over themselves to get Cantillon, which is alright, but I like the dryness of 3 Fonteinen.

Opened a De Garde Bu Weisse tonight, and that might be my new favorite Berliner Weisse...a little thin bodied but fucking crushable. Drinking The Rare Barrel's Forces Unseen right now. It's a golden sour ale. Not bad but pales in comparison to the De Garde beer