Beer

cool, i'll keep an eye out for 'em. thanks

How's the barrel aged Narwhal? I've been seeing that one at the stores lately and just might pick it up next time and give it a go.

haven't had it yet. I've got a few bottles stashed away though. Narwhal is fucking fantastic on its own. I've been sick for the past week, so I haven't had any beer :(

I'm working through a cold, or sinus infection, or something at the moment; but unless I'm really sick, I still allow my body small amounts of alcohol.

Had an Ithaca Embrr last night; it's their rye porter. I really like it, especially this time of year.

Ah; well, if I couldn't taste anything, then I probably wouldn't waste it either. This infection is pretty mild though, so it doesn't affect my senses that much.

I had a crazy lineup on Sunday. Hopleaf, a rather famous Chicago beer bar, had a Super Stout Sunday, which about 60 people were lineup up out the door for before noon. It would have been a lot more considering the blizzard that day.

I had the following 6.75 ounce pours for a ridiculously affordable $5 a piece.

Bourbon County Stout Proprietors
BCS Coffee
BCS Cherry Rye
BCS Vanilla Rye
Surly Eight
Firestone Walker XVIII

All of the BCS variants were excellent in their own way. The vanilla was probably had the most subdued secondary flavor. The coffee edition was superb this year, and the Proprietors (coconut water, cassia bark, cacao nibs) was excellent. No other bourbon beer really gets the richness and huge body of these beers down. So perfectly balanced. Surly Eight seemed like a thin astringent mess in comparison. Also on tap were things like Lost Abbey Angel's Share, Founders KBS, Narwhal, and some other huge stouts.

I still have yet to try anything from BCS/bourbon county :erk:

Currently drinking ...

CIMG3308_zps5e5796b9.jpg

Pales in comparison to the St Bernardus Chrstmas Ale but no bad at all ... i guess i'm just not really a fan of tripels.

edit: I keep seeing Nugget Nectar popping up in the beeradvo threads, do we get that stuff out here in cali?

Terrapin 'Liquid Bliss' last night- a peanut butter porter last night. I daresay too light-tasting to be a substantial porter, but enjoyable nonetheless.
Tonight I had Persimmon Hollow 'Funky Freddy Fritz'- a porter. It was really good, had to have another one. Chocolate-coffee yummy-ness.