Believe in nothing (nevermore vs. all that remains[cover])

Anyone got any suggestions on ways to cook a good clob of eggplant into something in order to ease in a person that doesn't like eggplant into liking eggplant? If this helps, they like stuff toasted, grilled, fried, and spicy, and sweet, and a little sour.

Anyone got any suggestions on ways to cook a good clob of eggplant into something in order to ease in a person that doesn't like eggplant into liking eggplant? If this helps, they like stuff toasted, grilled, fried, and spicy, and sweet, and a little sour.

You can make eggplant "burgers" pretty easily. They're really pretty awesome.

Something about eggplant I can never get past, the texture I am presuming. Not that that's the kind of thing I usually get caught up on with foods so I don't know.

Give me some eggplant recipe ideas and I'll go at it.

Eggplant burgers? What?

It's fucking amazing if cooked right. It's not quite the wonder vegetable that is the zucchini but it's awesome nonetheless.

Brush the sliced eggplant with garlic oil (fresh chopped garlic and olive oil) and grill the slices, depending on taste you can cut them between 1/4 and 1/3 inch thick, then basically do what you want with them, a burger would be great with fresh whole milk mozz and tomato or you could bread the eggplant fry it and make eggplant parmesan...whatever you do eggplant is great

My only experience is with some eggplant parmesan, and it was likely overcooked because it had turned to mush, and there's this pizza with eggplant at California Pizza Kitchen, and I recall it being mush there too, not a suitable pizza topping. Whateva!

I'd like to try some of these burgers. My burger priority is falafel burgers at the moment but I'll get around to it.

DEREK have you eaten "nutritional yeast"?

Falafel burgers are really great. I sometimes make tofu/soya burgers and serve them with cheese sauce (a really light, almost watery sauce) and they are also pretty tasty. That said, anything with cheese sauce is great.

WD hit the nail on the head - that's exactly how I make eggplant burgers. Although, as you said, eggplant needs to be cooked right - so it's soft but not too mushy. Get the that right though, and it's always tasty.

On another eggplant(y) note, it's really good baked with zucchini and cheese, or baked then left to chill and used in sandwiches.

As for nutritional yeast, I have tried it. I'm only a vegetarian not a vegan, so I can have parmesan heaped on any dish I desire, ergo I don't buy nutrional yeast too much. I do like the taste, though, I think it's a pretty interesting one.

As a side, it's really hard for me to call it an eggplant, because we call it an aubergine, and it's lilek in Czech, so eggplant feels pretty alien.