Best filler tracks

Thought of another one:

Bathory- Odens Ride Over Nordland (the intro track to Blood Fire Death with the galloping sounds of horses, acoustic guitar, and such.... its a good one though, it REALLY sets the stage for the epic feel of the album)

Emperor's intros/outros are always tasteful. The opening to ATTWAD is simply genious.

I've always loved the intro track to Spirit the Earth Aflame too... I almost wish it was a full song. The harmonies in that song are sweet.

"good filler" is a complete oxymoron.

but as far as best non-metal interlude type songs go:
aeternus - celtic harp solo
at the gates - the scar

are the two that spring to mind immediately.

I really like just about all of Xasthur's intros/interludes. Achieve Emptiness off of the Leviathan split is probably my favorite.

All of the in-between tracks on Weltanschauung were very well done also.

byrne said:
"good filler" is a complete oxymoron.

I suppose, but not by our definition; filler seems to have a usu. "negative" connotation, which it clearly does not here.

Mithras have some brilliant filler tracks on Worlds Beyond the Veil and Forver Advancing... Legions, extremely atmospheric. They contribute significantly to the albums imo.

Indeed. Awesome shit.

Filler tracks? Anything other than Eaten on Bloodbaths Nightmares Made Flesh. They wrote the whole album so they could release that track :D