Best Joey album?

Which Joey album is best?

• Total voters

Stormwatch

Cock.
May 2, 2003
Fortress of Arrogance
There's not much happening here, much of centred around shitting on people's backs and stupid fuckers like Mosher talking a load of pish, so I thought I'd try and be a bit upbeat. Since most of you guys seem to be Joey fans now, and hey, who isn't, even Bush fans must love the Joey era right? :worship:

So which is your favourite and why?

First time i've ever posted here but i'll go out on a limb and say that 'State of Euphoria' is my all time favourite Anthrax album,first one i got into,i was also a huge M.O.D. fan at the time.Not sure how this will sit with Anthrax fans but it's my pick,feel free to disagree.

I voted for SoE. "Anti-social" was the first thrash metal song I ever heard (I know it's not really thrash, but it was as close as it came on UK telly back in those days) and I loved it. Dan Spitz's little solo blew me away.
It has some really strong tracks on it too, I fucking love "Now It's Dark", and "Who Cares Wins" is pretty epic as 'Thrax songs go. Behemoth even liked the riff of "Be All, End All" so much they totally ripped it off (that reminds me, I wonder how Nergal is doing?).
I had the picture disc and sold it for bus fare to see Sepultura on the Arise tour. Kinda wish I'd kept the album, Sepultura were boring that night. :lol:

I had the "I Am The Law" 7" on pic disc too. I'm fucked if I remember what I did with that. Wish I still had it though, two of the best things ever - Judge Dredd and old 'Thrax!

Oh, if you liked Dredd, you may be a Slaine fan too? The Lord Weird Slough Feg? ;)

i voted for 'Among' but i'm also a big fan of SOE which is the most underrated Joey-album imo. people will say about SOE that only half the songs are good and the songwriting in general isn't up to par with the other Joey-albums but i don't think so. i can listen to it without skipping a song, my faves are 'Be All, End All', 'Out Of Sight, Out Of Mind', 'Now it's dark' & 'Finale'.

I know it's not considered an LP but as a kid, I treated it as one. I'm talking about Attack of the killer B's. It was one of my favorites. Joey singing milk.

One of the best Thrash metal albums of all time = Among The Living

Joeys best vocals = Persistence of Time

Yep - agreed. I never understood the other guys in the band saying his vocals became gradually worse on the records during that period. I understood he never contributed much of the lyrics or music during the writing process, but his actual recorded vocals on POT were superb I thought.