Best Joey album?

Which Joey album is best?

• Total voters
First of all his name is Don, secondly the only thing that will be missing is a wanna-be Phil Anselmo that supposedly has drug and defecation issues :puke:

haha i wasn't trying to be sarcastic about don nelson or whatever his name was... i was actually referring to dan spitz

haha i wasn't trying to be sarcastic about don nelson or whatever his name was... i was actually referring to dan spitz

I agree with you that Spitz is an integral part of the "original" Anthrax sound. I like Caggiano and his work on WCFYA, but Spitz is the man. He modeled himself after a true virtuoso, Randy Rhodes.

lol. Okay phew. The real DAN, Dan Spitz. Yes he was by far the best guitar player Anthrax has ever had and best song writer. You are totally right in saying something will be missing without him on these new songs. So I don't expect the new album to be a return to the classic sound but hopefully it is getting there. IMO it can't be much worse than anything the past 15 years. From what I have heard from the live stuff its definitely better. Hopefully Joey can go in and do some good stuff!

lol. Okay phew. The real DAN, Dan Spitz. Yes he was by far the best guitar player Anthrax has ever had and best song writer. You are totally right in saying something will be missing without him on these new songs. So I don't expect the new album to be a return to the classic sound but hopefully it is getting there. IMO it can't be much worse than anything the past 15 years. From what I have heard from the live stuff its definitely better. Hopefully Joey can go in and do some good stuff!

The best song writer?? What song's did Danny write??

Should have said 'solo writer' or just say best guitar player they have had period.

Paul Crook was way better, he was not a real Anthrax member though. I think Caggiano is also technically better player, but Spitz's solos were more memorable and catchy. Spitz had his unique style.

Johnnie, how do you know that Caggiano is so much better technical? he only played on 1 record which wasn't really that technical or do you consider songs like 'Superhero', 'Refuse 2 B Denied', 'Safe Home' or 'Taking The Music Back' technical guitar songs?:lol: i think it has more to do with sympathy and you don't seem to like lazy-eyed watchmaking dwarves that much.

Johnnie, how do you know that Caggiano is so much better technical? he only played on 1 record which wasn't really that technical or do you consider songs like 'Superhero', 'Refuse 2 B Denied', 'Safe Home' or 'Taking The Music Back' technical guitar songs?:lol: i think it has more to do with sympathy and you don't seem to like lazy-eyed watchmaking dwarves that much.

No, it has more to do with things like tone, sound etc. As far as the records go, all the guitars were recorded by Benante anyway :lol:

No, it has more to do with things like tone, sound etc. As far as the records go, all the guitars were recorded by Benante anyway :lol:

Go back and listen to Alive 2. I don't know how you can say Caggiano has better tone or is a better player technically after listening to Spitz's work on that live album.

Go back and listen to Alive 2. I don't know how you can say Caggiano has better tone or is a better player technically after listening to Spitz's work on that live album.

I could be very wrong here, but I thought I recalled hearing somewhere that Spitz had to redub half of his solos for that record?