Best Joey album?

Which Joey album is best?

• Total voters
he did always have so much gera and stuff,i remember the dcd them saying spitz stuff got recone or something like that.

also in fairness to spitz his solos were like songs in a song,he was a damn good lead player,people forget that charlie writes all the stuff,does that make scott a less important member,yes he does all the lyrics but as adamn good player he should be writing more.

I could be very wrong here, but I thought I recalled hearing somewhere that Spitz had to redub half of his solos for that record?

Maybe. But even if he did hit the studio and did them again, they still sound tight. Maybe he had technical issues at the shows. You gotta cut the guy some slack from being totally out of the scene for ten years though. The playing on the re-dub is spot on and anything improvisational is done tastefully and un-sloppy.

Another thing I'd like to point out about Persistance of Time was the use of Dropped D tuning. Not like they invented it, but it goes to show you how innovative and experimental Anthrax were.

Maybe. But even if he did hit the studio and did them again, they still sound tight. Maybe he had technical issues at the shows. You gotta cut the guy some slack from being totally out of the scene for ten years though. The playing on the re-dub is spot on and anything improvisational is done tastefully and un-sloppy.
Plus playing live you are performing so you're playing will not always be perfect, unless you stand still and stare at your fretboard. Obviously this band will never do that which is why they're so entertaining to watch live so overdubs aren't uncommon with live records. Hell I just finished tracking my band's album on bass and I overdubbed some shit, and I wasn't even performing in front of thousands. And I'm not as good as Spitz, but I still am pretty fucking bad-ass.:p

Another thing I'd like to point out about Persistance of Time was the use of Dropped D tuning. Not like they invented it, but it goes to show you how innovative and experimental Anthrax were.
Wow I didn't know that, now I have to break it out and listen again, the dropped tuning definitely adds a darker feel fitting the imagery of the album.

I could be very wrong here, but I thought I recalled hearing somewhere that Spitz had to redub half of his solos for that record?

I heard he did all of his guitars in the studio and the rest of the band was very pissed off at him.

Keep it in the Family is the tune in D I think from memory. That was all wasn't it? I think all the rest of it is pretty standard.

Keep it in the Family is the tune in D I think from memory. That was all wasn't it? I think all the rest of it is pretty standard.

Blood sounds like it is. I could be wrong though. They used Dropped D tuning alot on SOWN and Stomp is pretty much all in Dropped D and a half step lower.

Paul Crook was way better, he was not a real Anthrax member though. I think Caggiano is also technically better player, but Spitz's solos were more memorable and catchy. Spitz had his unique style.

I don't know much about the technical side of things, but I thought Danny fitted in well with the band. I love his solo's on Who Cares Wins, Time and Keep it... especially. I probably like his work on SOE the best.

Crook i think was totally different , and was excellent in Stomp and V8. Another 'Thrax mystery is why he was never made a full time member.

Can anyone shed light on this??