Best Live Album

Live in Leipzig isn't bad, but Euronymous absolutely butchers his own guitar solos, which is fairly embarrassing. I'm pretty sure that he had a hard time playing them outside of the studio.

Led Zep Song Remains... One of the best live albums of all time. It's so overblown and raucous and raunchy. And yet techincal and tight at the same time. Their 2003 release How The West Was Won is great too. It just sounds like they were have a great time on stage.

Kind of old school here, but Frampton Comes Alive was huge for a reason, it was damn good.

The Who, Live at Leeds is a great example of a legendary band at the top of their game. They were so tight on stage. Tight like a drum head.

geez

Deep Purple - Made In Japan
Mahavishnu Orchestra - Between Nothingness And Eternity
Pink Floyd - any and all
Iron Maiden - different tracks spliced together from all their live ones since none of them are consistent enough

Iced Earth - Alive In Athens
Metallica - Symphony & Musical
Arch Enemy - Tyrants Of The Rising Sun (Live In Japan)

Actually some of the songs on the studio albums are faster. I guarantee you it's the only GD album you need to own.

not really. they have several great albums... Live Dead, American Beauty, Working Man's Dead, etc.

As far as metal goes I'd have to go with...
Decade of Aggression
Live after Death
Live in Leipzig.

Initially I hated Live in Leipzig but it grew on me.

Mayhem - Liver in Leipzig
Black Sabbath - Past Lives [Disc 2], Live Evil
Children of Bodom - Tokyo Warhearts

Sunn o))) - Domkirke

this is the only one I listen to with any frequency since I find live albums to be boring.