Best Metal Bands

Personally i don't like them, they've one or two good songs but aside from that they're nothing special. I much pefer European metal ever since since first listening to Arch Enemy; Deicide i never liked because they're shite, Bloodbath and Celtic Frost both kick arse. And no it doesn't sound anything like Slipknot, like i said i'd really have to be pushed to call 'knot Death Metal, hence why i said it's not Death Metal (at least not to me). Agreed, Slipknot is most certainly not Death Metal.

The Bringer 1 - 0 Powers

[QI have also had time to check out Lost horizon. Great music however the vocals??. I understand theyre clean and I can understand everything he says but it remains my of Getty from Rush. That has always been my one issue with dream theater the vocal seems just wrong. I don't know.

Also started listening to Nevermore. I am really starting to enjoy that as well. I haven't really had much of an opportunity to listen to much else yet but thanks to everyone .[/QUOTE]

OKAY YOUVE FUCKING CROSSED THE LINE, LOST HORIZONS VOCALS SOUND NOTHING LIKE RUSH!!!!! IM BAFFLED. Anyway go get Dead Heart In a Dead World and Dreamig Neon Black by Nevermore. Now .Get your ass up and go.

Lord Ash, buy or listen to any of these albums if you havent already heard them:

Death - Symbolic
Carcass - Heartwork
Cynic - Focus
Immortal - At the Heart of Winter
Atheist - Unquestionable Presence
Elvenking - Heathenreel
Unearth - The Stings of Conscience
Sonata Arctica - Ecliptica
Sadus - Out for Blood(just released)
Children of Bodom - Follow the Reaper

These are some great albums off the top of my head. These would be the ones I would call the most accessible from their respected bands.

3 best Death bands:
3) Fleshcrawl (GER)
A fine blend of American and German Death Metal. Using the techniques of German Death to give the music a dark brutal Nihilistic feel and using the techniques used in American Death to make the music more accessible producing a true listenable Death band.

2) Profanity (GER)
The most brutal Death band you will ever stumble across. Their music is a true representation of Death, Pain and Suffering. You need a strong stomach to be able to tolerate this music.

1) Carcass (UK)
Their Sickcore sound led up to their Death Metal sound and gave their sound a flavour of death but introduced more disheartening lyrics. They then advanced their sound and started a whole new wave of Swedish Melodeath while ending their career with a Death Rock album. This band pwns.

OPETH, people, Opeth!

as well as:
Hypocrisy
Children of Bodom.
Oldschool Sepultura.

Amon Amarth is way up there. I love Viking Metal. Opeth is overrated. Black Water Park had some good shit but anything after that was snooze fest for me. Ive def. come to respect Kataklysm alot. Behemoth is phenomenal live.