Best Metal Drummers

o_O He's an average drummer at best, and the weakest link in Primordial.

Showed my friend your post and
[2:13:01 AM] Farewell: WHO
[2:13:01 AM] Farewell: SAID
[2:13:03 AM] Farewell: THAT
[2:13:35 AM] Farewell: yeah i dont remember my password
[2:13:39 AM] Farewell: otherwise
[2:13:40 AM] Farewell: i would
[2:13:43 AM] Farewell: destroy him
[2:14:02 AM] Farewell: like literally i would get to know him and be his best friend and then FLY TO HIS HOUSE
[2:14:05 AM] Farewell: WITH THE WINGS
[2:14:06 AM] Farewell: I GROW
[2:14:08 AM] Farewell: FROM MY RAGE
[2:14:10 AM] Farewell: AND
[2:14:12 AM] Farewell: JUST
[2:14:14 AM] Farewell: DESTROY HIM

Being a drummer myself I like to judge drummers by how bad they make me want to go jam on my set. That said: Matt Nicholls from BMTH, Mike Portnoy from Dream Theater (I guess he does the same playing for A7X), and Andols Herrick from Chimaira are my favorites.

^Queer. Moving on, Charley Zeleny of Behold...the Arctopus is so insanely technical it's not even funny. Also:
Reno Killerich-Panzerchrist
Pete Sandoval
Lille Gruber-Defeated Sanity
John Longstreth-Origin
Tomas Haake-Meshuggah
Kollias and Roddy, both Nile
Gene Hoglan-Death
Sean Reinert-Death
Steve Flynn-Atheist
Flo Mounier
I'm prolly missing a lot, these are just a few I enjoy.

Nobody has mentioned whoever it is that does the drums for Deathspell Omega? Definitely in my top.
Also:
Martin Lopez
Horgh
David Gray
George Kollias
dude from Gojira
dude from BTBAM
etc.

My drummer and I were discussing the play style of drums in Deathspell Omega, we reached the conclusion that it sounded alot like Trym from Emperor but of course it's kinda hard to confirm it.

George Kollias is a sick drummer, but those songs are really just kinda meh.

My drummer and I were discussing the play style of drums in Deathspell Omega, we reached the conclusion that it sounded alot like Trym from Emperor but of course it's kinda hard to confirm it.

George Kollias is a sick drummer, but those songs are really just kinda meh.

I hear ya on the Trym sound there, hard to describe but it's quite "loose," very cymbal-heavy blasts, etc. Non-mechanical is one of the main ways I'd describe his drumming - accurate, but he never sounds like a drum machine. (if it turns out that DsO used virtual drums or something I'm incredibly fucking impressed with their drum programming hahah).

I would've thought Trym would use more double kick though, unless they specifically chose not to use that much for DsO's sound.