Best non-melodic metal vocalist ?

Ville Sorvali from Moonsorrow. Love his rasps and wails. Flows with the music rather than over top of it. Also, his clean soaring voice during the 'epic' parts is pretty great too.

Also, in his prime: Mikael Akerfeldt. Still Life - Deliverance. Plus his work with Bloodbath was pretty great too.

I really like Akerfeldt’s growls as well, but for me his best work vocal wise is on My Arms, Your Hearse and Breeding Death.

I prefer his earlier cleans as well. When he was less obsessed with them being perfectly in tune all the time and they actually had some emotion to them.

Reactions: Allfader
I really like Akerfeldt’s growls as well, but for me his best work vocal wise is on My Arms, Your Hearse and Breeding Death.

I prefer his earlier cleans as well. When he was less obsessed with them being perfectly in tune all the time and they actually had some emotion to them.
His vocals around MAYH/SL were easily the best (those were also his best albums overall).

He took his "prog" side too seriously. You could see some traces of that on GR, but it was on Watershed when the shit hit the fan.

For me it is. SFU-era Chris Barnes? Fucking delete your account mate.
how old are you ? "fucking kys m8 omg".

His vocals around MAYH/SL were easily the best (those were also his best albums overall).

He took his "prog" side too seriously. You could see some traces of that on GR, but it was on Watershed when the shit hit the fan.
I'd say Akerfeldt deserves a mention on this thread. Pretty standard growler really but there aren't many that sound good on lengthy takes, and Opeth has loads of those doom metal moments and his sustain doesn't ever lose momentum.