Black Metal.

They jumped on the bandwagon you mean.... I saw some members of the band posting on warlust forum.

Covenant - In Times Before the Light (1996 version), just get that, it's a masterpiece.

I have the industrial black metal-style re-recording, but I still need the original. The first press would be nice if I could find it. The Kovenant said they would rerelease the original recording last year through Head Not Found, and so far nothing.

I'm really enjoying this Sargeist cd, 'Disciple of the Heinous Path', pretty fucking excellent.

I've gotten sick of that album.

I have the industrial black metal-style re-recording, but I still need the original. The first press would be nice if I could find it. The Kovenant said they would rerelease the original recording last year through Head Not Found, and so far nothing.

I think it's out, but hard to find because some sellers might confuse it with the re-recorded version (which I don't like much because it destroyed the atmosphere of the original, it's a bit like compairing Stormblast 1996 and 2005) but here's one site:

http://www.theomegaorder.com/s.nl/it.A/id.15158/.f

I re-visited Lunar Aurora's Andacht the other day and have been listening to it a lot since then, despite disregarding it as mediocre when I first heard it. :erk: Anyway, I intend to get Elixir of Sorrow next, per Omni's suggestion to someone on Last.fm, but are they worth exploring beyond that? How is their older material?

I can't think of many bands with so much material that I can say this about, but I personally find all of their albums worth checking out, since they're all pretty solid, even though Andacht and Elixir of Sorrow are my favorites. If you intend to get the first two, let me know, since I can send you the remastered versions with the bonus tracks. Cold Dimensions is apparently also going to reissue Elixir of Sorrow with bonus tracks.

Oh, and who are you on Last.fm?

I re-visited Lunar Aurora's Andacht the other day and have been listening to it a lot since then, despite disregarding it as mediocre when I first heard it. :erk: Anyway, I intend to get Elixir of Sorrow next, per Omni's suggestion to someone on Last.fm, but are they worth exploring beyond that? How is their older material?
Definitely check out Zyklus as well. I think all of their stuff is good.

Anyone know anything about the following bands?;

The True Frost(Germany)
Anti(Ger)
Barastir(Ger)
Bergthron(Ger)'s debut, any good?
Bethlehem(Ger) Dark metal, any good?