Blood Alliance shirts

they do sell merch.....just not PQ stuff. It's all business of course...and the implication is that they don't feel it would sell enough to make it worth their while. In reality they may have a point.

We don't tour as much as other bands as, ultimately, in the past we haven't sold enough albums. Comes back to the tour support issue we have discussed in the past. Tour support finance is calculated on CD sales.....if you don't sell enough then labels won't support you. As a result, you go out on tour and have to cover all the costs yourself...from travel, accomodation through to catering sometimes as well. Then there is advertising costs and the costs of producing merchandise in the first place. That doesn't even consider that you may also be paying a "buy on" for supporting a bigger act...which in my experience has been anything from £200 per show up to £750.

Add in the fact that the advance for the album barely covers 50% of the cost of producing an album as well. You can't produce albums like we do in 10 days unfortunately. It's just not possible.

However, I think if "Blood Alliance" sold 20,000 + units I think you would see a sudden change of heart in that regard.

I try and share this kind of information with you guys so you can understand why we rarely get out of the UK to play....although keep an eye out for some more live show news over the next couple of weeks :)

I really hope the website kicks out a bundle of sorts for a tshirt + album and stuff. I've spoken with other people before about how a band could generate revenue in an age of declining CD sales simply by making the fan think they are getting bang for their buck, bundling items gives more stuff for less of the combined price of each individual item and you could even jot a quick autograph on the CD case or something to make it extra special and appealing...all for the sake of ink and a sore wrist! :lol: Just some muddy thoughts..I need coffee :zzz:

I really hope the website kicks out a bundle of sorts for a tshirt + album and stuff. I've spoken with other people before about how a band could generate revenue in an age of declining CD sales simply by making the fan think they are getting bang for their buck, bundling items gives more stuff for less of the combined price of each individual item and you could even jot a quick autograph on the CD case or something to make it extra special and appealing...all for the sake of ink and a sore wrist! :lol: Just some muddy thoughts..I need coffee :zzz:
Pretty much everything Dom said.

The problem with the bundle deal is that we will be carrying way more shirts than CDs in the online store. In fact, come the new website ordering the Blood Alliance album will be direct from Napalm......as I just can't afford to keep stocks of CD's sitting in my stock room when they cost me 9 euros each wholesale.

I will just purchasing sufficient stock for each round of touring this time around.

You may well see the bundle deal available at live shows though....in fact that would make a lot of sense.

Same principle will apply with the Master of Illusion album (as I have no stock left of this one), it will be available to order via Napalm from the PQ shop page but, as we have pretty much an all new line up, I can't see the business sense in buying stock of an album that nobody in the band apart from me played on.

You will see similar principles apply to the Wings of Forever and Magic Never Dies albums in the PQ shop. I haven't had stock of these for a few years now and, part from the Japanese version of MND, they are pretty much out of print.

We will be carrying the remainder of the NeverWorld stock ( at last count about 30 copies) and then that will revert to only being available probably from Japan.

any chance of you doing a blood alliance long sleeve? it could have the album cover on the front, whatever you decide to put on the back of the normal t-shirts on the back, and the power quest logo on the sleves

An array of merchandise would of course be ideal.....but the fact of the matter is that I can't produce items in small numbers due to the cost involved. Getting less than 200 units of any particular item doesn't make sense and I just can't afford to have 5K tied up in t shirts, long sleeves, hoodies etc with no guarantee of being able to sell them I'm afraid.

So initially it will just be the traditional t-shirt guys.

An array of merchandise would of course be ideal.....but the fact of the matter is that I can't produce items in small numbers due to the cost involved. Getting less than 200 units of any particular item doesn't make sense and I just can't afford to have 5K tied up in t shirts, long sleeves, hoodies etc with no guarantee of being able to sell them I'm afraid.

So initially it will just be the traditional t-shirt guys.

and if you want a longsleeve, wear a black/red/white longsleeve under it :p

Not sure if it's too late but i think the new line-up on the back.

People who knows of some of the new members would prob check PQ out

And those ex fans who se the new line-up will probs check new album out and so on...

Maybe a bad idea and maybe to late....but yhea posted anyway:)