Bloodshed Over Bochum

hey mate, Ive got a small list here. you might take a look, if know one of them already. I think one bottle got be enough, right?

Mönchshof Kellerbier (0,5L 5,4%)
Flensburger Dunkel (0,33L 4,9%)
Köstrizer Schwarzbier (0,33L 4,8%)
Herrenhäuser (0,5L 4,9%)
Einbecker Bockbier (0,3L 4,9% - 6,9%) different sorts....

there are more to come, I guess but these are the important ones :kickass::kickass:

Did a little google enquiry and found out:

Mönchshof Kellerbier (0,5L 5,4%) from Kulmbach
Flensburger Dunkel (0,33L 4,9%) from Flensburg
Köstrizer Schwarzbier (0,33L 4,8%) from Bad Köstritz / Thüringen
Herrenhäuser (0,5L 4,9%) from Hannover
Einbecker Bockbier (0,3L 4,9% - 6,9%) from Einbeck

Before coming to Bochum we are staying for a while in Düsseldorf. Found a few brewerys in Düsseldorf :
* Füchschen
* Schumacher
* Schlüssel
* Uerige
and the plan is to visit some of these.

The question is, are there any local brewerys in Bochum?

Did a little google enquiry and found out:

Mönchshof Kellerbier (0,5L 5,4%) from Kulmbach
Flensburger Dunkel (0,33L 4,9%) from Flensburg
Köstrizer Schwarzbier (0,33L 4,8%) from Bad Köstritz / Thüringen
Herrenhäuser (0,5L 4,9%) from Hannover
Einbecker Bockbier (0,3L 4,9% - 6,9%) from Einbeck

why google? I could tell you that :lol:

Code:
Before coming to Bochum we are staying for a while in Düsseldorf. Found a few brewerys in Düsseldorf :    
* Füchschen
* Schumacher
* Schlüssel
* Uerige

visit? now that sounds like a cool thing, but a brewery visit takes a couple of hours, you should go early. we have been to the Einbecker brewery, that was a blast, two hours tryouts... great... a friend of mine just did almost 3 liters... was a little too much... we got back with the bus, you know :puke: and stuff :lol::lol::lol:

why google? I could tell you that :lol:

Code:
* Füchschen
* Schumacher
* Schlüssel
* Uerige

visit? now that sounds like a cool thing, but a brewery visit takes a couple of hours, you should go early. we have been to the Einbecker brewery, that was a blast, two hours tryouts... great... a friend of mine just did almost 3 liters... was a little too much... we got back with the bus, you know :puke: and stuff :lol::lol::lol:

And now you're telling me! :bah::lol:

Living 60 metres from the nearest brewery and the other three are within 1-2 km walking distance in der Altstadt, so it will be interesting to check out these places as well.

^ Moritz Fiege, thanks, that one as well added to places to visit.

And now you're telling me! :bah::lol:

Living 60 metres from the nearest brewery and the other three are within 1-2 km walking distance in der Altstadt, so it will be interesting to check out these places as well.

^ Moritz Fiege, thanks, that one as well added to places to visit.

Regarding Fiege:

Privatbrauerei Moritz Fiege
http://www.ratebeer.com/brewers//privatbrauerei-moritz-fiege/4028/
http://www.moritz-fiege.de

Fiege’s Stammhaus
http://www.ratebeer.com/Places/ShowPlace.asp?PlaceID=6739
http://www.fieges-stammhaus.de

I'm going to the Stammhaus, at least once, or so many times so I have tasted all the beers they have on draught and bottles :)

looks like I'll be arriving in Dusseldorf Friday the 26th before noon, anyone else coming in on that day?, I'll probably hang around there and spend the night, I can meet with those taking a train from Dusseldorf to Bochum on Saturday if interested

looks like I'll be arriving in Dusseldorf Friday the 26th before noon, anyone else coming in on that day?, I'll probably hang around there and spend the night, I can meet with those taking a train from Dusseldorf to Bochum on Saturday if interested

I'll arrive Düsseldorf airport on Saturday 27 at about 1105 (am).

Looks like I might be meeting up with a firend from Mönchengladbach though, and perhaps spending some in Düsseldorf after that, might even go to Mönchengladbach to visit the brewery Brauerei und Gasthaus Zum Stefanus.

No set plans yet for the early part of Saturday.

Getting damn close now :D

I remember I was supposed to bring snus for someone, but who was that?
:p

That be me. :D Would be much obliged if you can swing it. And i'll be sure to stash a couple bottles of brew in my luggage.

Also, i fly into Düsseldorf airport on the 27th... at like 7:30 in the a.m. i believe. It'd be cool to meet up with you guys and find out what your plans are for the day. I'd like to meet up with Phelice and drop off my baggage before i venture too far though...

I'm thinking about bringing my cell phone and buying a prepaid phone/sim card while i'm there... so maybe that could help us coordinate?

At any rate, i found out yesterday that i'm set to be a casualty of the current global economic meltdown. When i get back from Europe i'll be jobless. My company is "restructuring" you see. :rolleyes: So with my future now up in the air, I gotta make the fuckin' most of this trip, cuz i have no idea when i'll be able to travel again. Maybe i'll just have to seek asylum in Ireland...:p

Anyhooo... Merry Christmas everybody!

Ho-hum.

I'm thinking about bringing my cell phone and buying a prepaid phone/sim card while i'm there... so maybe that could help us coordinate?
Ho-hum.

How come so many are flying into Dusseldorf? No flights available to Dortmund? Or am I missing something?

more/cheaper flights and closer to Bochum

I'll have my phone with me, if you're from States and have T-Mobile or AT&T service with tri-band phone you can use it in europe, I already have Gnoff's # from Wacken days, if anybody else has a phone and needs mine so we can meet up let me know

out for the weekend

How come so many are flying into Dusseldorf? No flights available to Dortmund? Or am I missing something?

I memory serves, Düsseldorf is the third largest airport in Germany after Frankfurt and Munich.

more/cheaper flights and closer to Bochum

I'll have my phone with me, if you're from States and have T-Mobile or AT&T service with tri-band phone you can use it in europe, I already have Gnoff's # from Wacken days, if anybody else has a phone and needs mine so we can meet up let me know

out for the weekend

Ah.. cool. I use At&T. Not sure if it is "tri-band" equipped but we'll hafta exchange numbers before we leave and see what happens.

At any rate, i found out yesterday that i'm set to be a casualty of the current global economic meltdown. When i get back from Europe i'll be jobless. My company is "restructuring" you see. :rolleyes: So with my future now up in the air, I gotta make the fuckin' most of this trip, cuz i have no idea when i'll be able to travel again. Maybe i'll just have to seek asylum in Ireland...:p

Oh, I'm sorry for that.... If you knew how things are going here in Spain with the economic meltdown... but I see that we are not the only ones with problems...

Dortmund is closer than Dusseldorf but if Dusseldorf is the third largest airport then that makes more sense especially for you crazies coming from the US and Aus :p

Oh, I'm sorry for that.... If you knew how things are going here in Spain with the economic meltdown... but I see that we are not the only ones with problems...

Yeah... from what i gather it's pretty much a global phenomenon. I've heard that even little Iceland has gone completely bankrupt. I dunno if it's gonna get as bad as the 1930's Great Depression, but i think we might be in for some tough times. Especially in America, where we don't really have any social saftey nets.

I should be able to ride it out though.. i've still got my physical (if not mental :p) health and i don't have any mouths to feed so it could be a lot worse...

That be me. :D Would be much obliged if you can swing it. And i'll be sure to stash a couple bottles of brew in my luggage.

I'll bring you some for sure then ;)

Did you want the loose stuff or the baggies?

I guess I could search the thread, but I'm having a cold and also have been having some beers, so I might get lost :p

Heh, yep, it's going around. Luckily for me, well, see Hank Williams Jr's "A Country Boy Can Survive.". Not too worried. :)

Yo Tomasz! Im getting to Frankfurt on the 24th, & i was going to try and get a train the next day to either Dortmund, Dusseldorf or even just go to Bochum & kick back until the gig. So when you get a chance, send me a msg with your number & ill give you a buzz when im headed your way.

1 working week left fuckers!!!