books???

yes it is...but it's also the new generation of the C language.
if you're familiar with basic C syntax you'd know that C++ means to increment C by one c<-c+1
C# got its name not from the musical note but from the 4 pluses that look kind of like a sharp ++
++ ->#
some useless information

I am currently reading the Harry Potter series :loco: Hi know hi know but I love the books better then the movies.

But the greater books I ever read they are from Bernard Cornwell. I've start with ''The Arthur Books'' (3 books, Derfel's story (Arthur's warrior)) . Best battle and shields wall description ever. If you like medieval and Dark Ages stories this is for you. Forget everything you learn about King Arthur, Lancelot or Camelot...these books bring you in a totaly different world of ideas and believe me that after reading these books you'll never see the catholic church the same way. I found this version of Arthur more realisitic.

Bernard Cornwell is a English Historian and the stories are based on fact that he found in old parchemins and books.

Same thing for another series from the same author called ''The Saxon Stories''. ''The Saxon Stories tell the tale of Alfred the Great and his descendants through the eyes of Uhtred, an English boy born into the aristocracy of ninth-century Northumbria, captured by the Danes and taught the Viking ways.''from B.Cornwell website. Once again you can easily imagine that they were living as describ in the books; violence, immorality, dirty.

Warning : If you are not capable of handeling cruality, violence, raping, torture and many other, these books are not for you. Ask my sister-in-law she'll tell you loll.

Good day to everyone and keep...:headbang::kickass::loco::puke::erk:

yes it is...but it's also the new generation of the C language.
if you're familiar with basic C syntax you'd know that C++ means to increment C by one c<-c+1
C# got its name not from the musical note but from the 4 pluses that look kind of like a sharp ++
++ ->#
some useless information

Yup.

But they're pronounced the same way - 'C Sharp'. It throws off my nongeek musician friends in real life, too.

I'm revisiting the Belgariad by David Eddings, about 10 years after I last read it. It's a great series for adolescent boys, which is probably why I liked it so much then, but reading it now as an adult I still get a lot of satisfaction out of it. What I missed the first time around was how much the author makes fun of the main character for being a moody, angsty teenager.

I'm revisiting the Belgariad by David Eddings, about 10 years after I last read it. It's a great series for adolescent boys, which is probably why I liked it so much then, but reading it now as an adult I still get a lot of satisfaction out of it. What I missed the first time around was how much the author makes fun of the main character for being a moody, angsty teenager.

These books became my favourite during high school. I've been meaning to buy and re-read them for a long time.

I'm now on the last (of 7) book of the Tomorrow series by John Marsden. I read the first couple of books when I was younger, but never got around to finishing the series. So I'm doing it now!

They're good books though. Fairly simple, but tell a fantastic tale of Australia being invaded by foreign troops, and the adventures of a group of teenagers during the invasion, and impending war.

These books became my favourite during high school. I've been meaning to buy and re-read them for a long time.

I'm now on the last (of 7) book of the Tomorrow series by John Marsden. I read the first couple of books when I was younger, but never got around to finishing the series. So I'm doing it now!

They're good books though. Fairly simple, but tell a fantastic tale of Australia being invaded by foreign troops, and the adventures of a group of teenagers during the invasion, and impending war.

That seems like a very interesting series! I'm going to buy the first one, it looks great! :) Thanks for recommending it! :D Is there a difference between the 1995 and 2006 edition (other than the cover)?

And for some reason I can't find Thidrek's post of the Berlitz book he previously mentioned, did one page of this thread just disappear?

That seems like a very interesting series! I'm going to buy the first one, it looks great! :) Thanks for recommending it! :D Is there a difference between the 1995 and 2006 edition (other than the cover)?

As far as I know, no. Would just be a new edition I'd say. The ones I read were all original pressings, didn't know there were new editions!

Tonight I'm going to (re) start reading The Crimson Petal and the White by Michel Faber, a book my english teacher told me to read 3 years ago, and I have started many times, but never got passed the first 20 or so pages.

As far as I know, no. Would just be a new edition I'd say. The ones I read were all original pressings, didn't know there were new editions!

Tonight I'm going to (re) start reading The Crimson Petal and the White by Michel Faber, a book my english teacher told me to read 3 years ago, and I have started many times, but never got passed the first 20 or so pages.

Ok, thanks!

Been pretty absorbed in Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series the last couple of weeks, on the last book now. I know the books were supposed to have been written for teenage females, but I love them!