"Bordering on black metal"???

Not sure if Mikael even knows what black metal is. :lol:

HAHAHAHAHA he doesnt, but YOU do, right?

laughing_cow.jpg

I also heard that someone heard from a friends friend that its been heard that mikael said that the next opeth album will be "submerged on Pink metal." a new genre by the man himself.

Yes, it wasn't really black metal. I am not a very big fan of Ghost Reveries because of this. You see westknadrian, I'm a huge black metal fan and my idea of musical diversity is Ulver's Nattens Madrigal album, early Katatonia, and Nile (epic Egyptian prog bm, I think they're actually from Egypt!), so you might say I listen to just about everything. So when Ghost Reveries came out I was extremely dissapointed that it wasn't exactly the same as everything else that I already listen to. I'm also 14 years old and have no social life.

I hope that helps!

I'll have to ask Nile if they're really Egyptian, I'll just stop by their houses in SOUTH CAROLINA....Haha, prog black metal, talk about shits and giggles.

I'll have to ask Nile if they're really Egyptian, I'll just stop by their houses in SOUTH CAROLINA....Haha, prog black metal, talk about shits and giggles.

Yea, like a band from South Carolina would be intelligent enough to sing about Egyptian mythology over layers of Egyptian prog black metal greatness. Get a clue.

Hehehehe I think I just blew a funny fuse. In all seriousness though dude, get out of your parent's basement and go for a walk...and keep walking.

Troll city muthafuckas!

Yes, it wasn't really black metal. I am not a very big fan of Ghost Reveries because of this. You see westknadrian, I'm a huge black metal fan and my idea of musical diversity is Ulver's Nattens Madrigal album, early Katatonia, and Nile (epic Egyptian prog bm, I think they're actually from Egypt!), so you might say I listen to just about everything. So when Ghost Reveries came out I was extremely dissapointed that it wasn't exactly the same as everything else that I already listen to. I'm also 14 years old and have no social life.

I hope that helps!

Uh, no Nile is not from Egypt...I'm glad Opeth do not sound Black Metal. I prefer their own original style. Frankly I feel that Black Metal is horrid.

As far as Ulver goes, I prefer Blood Inside