Breaking Bad

The finale was surprising in how non-complex it was, which is atypical of Breaking Bad. But that line when he says to Skylar, "I was alive," I think sort of signifies that he essentially died in Ozymandias, and at this point he's just tying up loose ends. The vindication, the moral arc of the story, etc. all happened in Ozymandias, and this was almost like A Christmas Carol kind of scenario where Walt is neither alive nor dead in any real way.

Ending was amazing for sure. I'm glad they kind of tied all the loose ends up without it seeming too much like "well shit, 60 mins to finish this shit better just copt out and get it done".

The confession to Skyler really was my favourite part also. Finally admitting that he did it cause he loved it and kind of getting away from the "I have to do this for my family" shit, was perfect.

top 3 scenes (in no particular order):

1) jesse busting through the gate at the end
2) walt using the laser pointers to threaten his ex-business partner and then talking to badger and the other guy afterwards
3) walt sitting in the snowed-in car while the police lights go by in the beginning

Really cool done, fitting end!
Nothing that wasn't unthinkable, but still very nicely executed with neat little bits here and there that I didn't think they'd put in there.
And the acting was as stellar as ever.

But I also thought Dexter had a cool ending, not getting why everyone bitches about that :lol:

I thought the ending was pretty cool as well. I think Baby Blue was THE perfect song for that ending. I also think it was very fitting that they named episode 14 Ozymandias, I always loved that poem and Cranston read it better than any I've heard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty disappointed from the end.

Not because of HOW everything ended, it's more like the lack of the feel.
The epic landscape(and mood) which was kind of the central theme wasn't there.

Got a rushed and bad coulisse(choice) impression, imo the end is not up to par with the whole aesthetics of the series.

Couldn't really have hoped for a better ending.

The only bad thing about it was, I no longer have a series to watch :erk: I imagine this will be one to watch again one day, though.

I think the ending was a good conclusion for the show. Nothing amazing, but these days I'm just happy when the last episode doesn't completely disappoint (looking at you Dexter).

Its gonna take awhile for me to decide if this show is THE best... but its certainly top 3 for me, joining right alongside Deadwood and The Wire.

i think some people were disappointing with the end, when lined up with something like dexters ending, BB's ending was quite good,i think the whole show hit its pinnacle with the episode "Ozymandias" the last two episodes were just wrapping up all the ends that came from that. Which was far better than rushing it, and there was no real filler in the last episode, in every scene he was taking care of business,

as someone said it wasn't mind-blowing with twists and unexpected turns, but it did exactly what it had to, which was to give every character exactly what they deserved.