Bullshit you used to believe until you wisened up?

Let me guess; you read your own posts and came to that realization?

Actually I mostly read the posts that a bunch of people vomited out in the gun control thread which we had going a few months ago, and they basically amounted to: "IF EVERYONE HADZ A GUN, THENZ WE WOULD ALL BE SUPER SAFEZZZZZ!!!"

It made me seriously reconsider whether passing IQ tests should be a mandatory requirement for voting in national elections...

@UA:I suppose you are one of those geniuses who holds that drug prohibition doesnt stop illicit drug use but gun prohibition will stop illicit gun use.

Childhood misconceptions seem kinda outside the purview of this thread but OK: when I was a kid, I used to think parents could read the minds of their children. This was reinforced when I learned about how babies are made; if adults could keep that a secret, surely they could hide a mind-reading conspiracy. I figured that this is why adopted children and bastards were often represented in the media as having a poor relationship with their guardians, because they didn't have anyone that could truly understand their feelings and thoughts. I believed that until I was about 14 or so, and used to always brainwash myself when near my parents so that they wouldn't get suspicious.

@UA:I suppose you are one of those geniuses who holds that drug prohibition doesnt stop illicit drug use but gun prohibition will stop illicit gun use.

Ever heard of a little place called the "UK", lad? Also, comparing drugs to guns is like comparing Donald Trump's intelligence to Einstein's - alternate universes really do exist!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Kind of like comparing the "little place" UK to the US. But ok. The UK has higher crime rates even with reduced reporting compared to the US.

+1 on once believing intellectual debates were important and I could change people's beliefs.

Used to believe that knowledge was the most important thing in life, until I realized that I now see patterns in everything that happens around me, and life feels like the endless repetition of a tired script.

That things like the two-party system and government secrecy were evil, until I realized most voters are painfully ignorant and probably don't need more of a say than they already have.

That I was unfairly socially disadvantaged/undeprivileged, until I remembered that I'm white and have a computer science degree.

You just ran into somebody on the street and they were like "Yo bro, you're white, here's a free computer science degree, enjoy the privilege"?