You know you grew up in the 90s when.....

Playing outside and riding bikes until it was dark... Oh, man. That was absolutely the best thing about being a kid, hands down.

The 90's were a pretty cool time to be a kid. We just barley missed the safety holocaust on "unsafe" playground equipment. Steel beams embedded into cement. At my elementary school, there was one of those huge metal slides, the kind that just when straight down. That was the shit. I bruised my back riding down that shit on a skateboard. Still hurts from time to time, but damn am I glad we had that fucking slide.

The Simpsons, I've literally been watching that show since I was 3. I can remember how incredible the show was during the early 90's, even just the intro I loved...however, that show turned to absolute shit years ago. I really only care for the first few seasons - anything after I find unbearable.
The show has regained some of its former glory lately but it's still inconsistent. Yes, Season 8 has got to be my favorite, can't go wrong with Ned Flanders going crazy and Homer fighting Drederick Tatum.:kickass:

I used to go out to dinner every Sunday night with my folks, and I would get anxious if we stayed out too long for fear of missing the new Simpsons at 8:00.

Thankfully my sister instilled in me an aversion to most pop culture when I was young, because I was aversive to herself, whom I viewed as the embodiment of 90's pop culture.

The show has regained some of its former glory lately but it's still inconsistent. Yes, Season 8 has got to be my favorite, can't go wrong with Ned Flanders going crazy and Homer fighting Drederick Tatum.:kickass:

I'll admit there's been a few good episdoes, aside from the early ones I ejnoy - the Ned Flanders going crazy was entertaining, and the Frank Grimes one as well (whichever season that was). But I like the classic ones too, when Homer skips church and his house burns down.

The show turned to shit when they started having pointless celebrity guest appearances on every episode. But what mostly did it for me, was the drastic change in Homer's character. I prefer the savage, dumb, and slow Homer Simpson as opposed to the one that's been for the last ten years - the one who cries a lot, whines etc. Not to mention, when was the last time I even saw a decent string of jokes on that show? Every episode I've watched in the past few years I can sit through without even laughing.

I hated Keenan and Kel. Besides that, it's a pretty solid list.
Never watched Gargoyle though

Watch Gargoyles now. I regret not watching/understanding it when I was younger, my brother and I are making up for it now by watching every episode on Youtube.

and that list makes me sad...sometimes I miss being a kid.

I don't give two shits about all this 90s pop culture stuff. I certainly did when I was a little kid, but the only memories I care to look back on from that time revolve around stuff that is actually meaningful.

Watch Gargoyles now. I regret not watching/understanding it when I was younger, my brother and I are making up for it now by watching every episode on Youtube.

and that list makes me sad...sometimes I miss being a kid.

I watched Gargoyles quite a bit, it was a cool show though my memory of the actual show is rather vague.

Anyone remember these underated and forgotten shows?

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=vWS-OiHxKto"]http://youtube.com/watch?v=vWS-OiHxKto[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
The second video isn't available anymore.

My brother and I used to watch Mr.Bogus, wish that was still around...

I watched Gargoyles quite a bit, it was a cool show though my memory of the actual show is rather vague.

Anyone remember these underated and forgotten shows?

Yes, I do remember Biker Mice From Mars, it was a great fucking show. Gargoyles ruled, too.

haha, awesome, I used to have their toys. I never really liked Throttle that much he was kind of an ass, but Modo was cool, and Vinnie was funny.