Canadian Metal Plugin suite released here!!!

Hey, when will be available the Preampus Catharsis?
What about AIR impulse technology? Looks nice.
:kickass:

All right Morgoe, I thought everything was fine before I read those complaints. I'll keep working on it. Which version of Sonar do you use ?

LePou

Hey, when will be available the Preampus Catharsis?
What about AIR impulse technology? Looks nice.
:kickass:

Well Catharsis has displayed some problems in that It is also allowing clean signal as well as distorted. So, I hope to get to that today!

AIR, Thats an exciting technology and has never been done before(I don't think), so as such we're running it through its paces right now, The first build of an amp using it has been released to the IR designers for them to work with it. FYI the project Coordinator for AIR is Digitalman on GAM. Digitalman as well as Pickasso and Smudge are also working on it. Incidentally Pickasso, and Smudge were also the guys behind RedShift, so there is a solid team of guys working on it. I am confident they will be able to pull it off.

The only problem so far is that the CPU usage has been immense. The last build with a refined IR loader was running at 78%. So that is the second largest challenge associated with this development. A

We have taken a different approach to development now though in that we are more concerned about sound than CPU, but, 75% CPU is outrageous and definately out of scope...Even for our new development scope..
KM

Hey Morgoe, I just installed Sonar 8 demo and...

Sonar8FullStack.jpg

It works perfectly !!! Do you use the 64 bits version ?

LePou

Hrm. It crashes as soon as I click on the plugin, the GUI doesnt even come up.

I think I'm using the 32bits version. Sonar STUDIO (which is the one down from Producer, but the shouldn't make a diff). It is v8.3 which is a fairly big update I think so maybe thats it? ://

What OS areyou using?

Its not a usual crash (Sonar has experienced an error, would you like to save a backup), but Windows pops up with SONAR.EXE has stopped working, with a button saying 'close program'. Same thing with Nick Crow's, although his ones only crash when I go to close a project, they run fine while its open.

Is there any way I can get an error report or something out of it? Nick was talking about .dmp's I think but since its not a regular crash Sonar doesn't generate one.

I mean its not THAT important because I can just use the lesser plugin and use my own impulse loader, but if you figure out this maybe Nick can figure out his which are important cos it happens on all his plugs.

I'll try to figure out what's the problem. In the meantime Iguess you'll have to use SoloC Head with LeCab. You will acheive the same result. Sorry.

LePou

Wish I could help, but I have not been able to recreate, One of the questions I have though is..Is there a common video card between these latest crashes?

KM