cant get into In Flames

Oct 13, 2003
NL - Gelderland
ok tell me i tried for like...6years now to get to like In Flames but i just cant listen to them because they bore me to hell... WHY!?

i mean im a big fan of swedish metal (Arch Enemy,Soilwork etc.)

and really iv tried iv been to like 4concerts of them now and they where ok but they didnt gave me the satisfaction that i get after a concert from Soilwork...

and iv got all the IF albums on my computer...but never listen to them because i fall asleep when listening

...help?

the only thing I can offer is to not listen to In Flames, there's no reason to force yourself into liking something you just can't get into:)

I'm like the others can't get into IF music?
I've listened to all their CDs at least 1x,
have seen them in concert.
I'm a big Dark Tranquillity fan and they are always compared to each other,
I don't understand that at all???
Oh well, it's like they say
everyone doesn't like vanilla ice cream, that's why the make chocolate -

Lunar Strain is their best IMO but the Jester Race is also brilliant, dont listen to Come Clairty and crap

Listen to the old records. First The Jester Race, then Whoracle, then you get the taste what's In Flames finest music in my opinion. I can't get into Dark Tranquillity - The Gallery as well, and it is according to the press and the fans one of the best melodic death metal albums. So, tastes are different.

Expect to listen to Come Clarity over 100 times before you can truly understand its power. It isn't like Jester Race which is instantly catchy, no, you have to truly take the time to wean yourself onto its subtle and delicate beauty.

don't worry, i'm one of the few that actually doesn't like opeth. talk about a sleeping pill (for me)...

it is odd you would fall asleep to jester race though. that's like saying you fall asleep to alice in hell, burn my eyes, master of puppets, reign in blood, the chainheart machine, etc. it's a classic.

Opeth doesnt do it for me either...saw them live 3 times almost fell asleep by one and the rest was boring also...

and please do not take this offending but i also cant into metallica and slayer for that matter :p

hmm i liked Dark tranquillity for a while but...cant get into them now either...hmm maybe my music is too specific...

here these are the bands i mostly listen to: Arch Enemy, Soilwork, Scar Symmetry, Sikth, August burns Red, Unearth, All That Remains...

and you would say In flames fits perfectly...thats the strange thing about it

I personally don't think The Gallery is that great either....its the most overrated MDM album.

I agree dude. I don't like old Dark Tranquilliy that much ,however where In Flames went bad, Dark Tranquillity rose and they released Character which was a close to perfect album, the same goes for Fiction. Where one falls, another one rises!

I find a lot of Opeth and Scar Symmetry just a bore, no matter how hard i try to get into it i usually end up putting something else on. Also i'm pretty bored of Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Slayer, Testament... just 80's thrash bands in general. Although i really like a few songs like Angel of Death, Raining Blood, Into the Pit, For Whom the Bell Tolls and the whole of Rust in Peace.

depends on wht song u listen to. i have whoracle album. a few good songs but try listening to the hive and episode 666. the rest of the songs on the album are kinda boring but i love those songs i said above