cant get into In Flames

I agree dude. I don't like old Dark Tranquilly that much ,however where In Flames went bad, Dark Tranquility rose and they released Character which was a close to perfect album, the same goes for Fiction. Where one falls, another one rises!
Fiction sounded pretty much exactly like Character, which pretty much ruined it for me. The band, IMO, is going in a slump because of Fiction. I just can't see the difference from Character and Fiction.

And for the people that can't get into In Flames, well don't worry. In Flames are ok/good band. The best MDM, IMO, comes from Finland like Sentenced, Early COB, Kalmah, and a couple others.

Fuck CoB, hail Kalmah! :kickass:

I don't know how much wax you got in your ears right now, but Fiction is nothing like Character. The ones that sound almost exactly like each other are Damage Done and Character.

rofl

fiction, character, damage done are all basically the same album, so predictable (although not bad, just repetitive and no real song distinction)

the gallery is one of the best metal albums of the last 20 years, hands down

after that, DT's best album is probably haven, which was underappreciated when it was released because people were still scratching their heads over the pile of festering feces that was projector. very good album though... mind's eye too, although the production seems off on that album

COB is one of those bands that ppl who dont even like metal can like. theyre newer stuff isnt so good so if u wanna listen to them listen to the first 3 albums.

Hey your Right!

Something wild is better than any of the COB Albums :headbang:

I think i just lost a few brain cells reading Naglfars post :erk:

you know it's true

i have all three albums on my playlist set back to back to back! i can never tell which is which except at the beginning of damage done and the last two songs on fiction (which have a bit of a haven sound to them)

=)

the gallery, on the other hand, is a work of art...

The Mind's Eye has to be the best one for me. It was a lot different from everything else the band put out.

The Mind's Eye has to be the best one for me. It was a lot different from everything else the band put out.

mmm yeah it's a goodie, i just think the production is a little off

like, the sound quality isn't that good compared to the gallery or the albums that came after it

insanity's crescendo is one of my faves from DT, so is tidal tantrum ^_^

I don't know how much wax you got in your ears right now, but Fiction is nothing like Character. The ones that sound almost exactly like each other are Damage Done and Character.

Umm... sorry, but no. All three are completely different styles, and Character triumphs over the other two with an uppercut to the throat.

Umm... sorry, but no. All three are completely different styles, and Character triumphs over the other two with an uppercut to the throat.

haha that we're even having this argument, and different people saying NO CHARACTER SOUNDS LIKE DAMAGE DONE WAIT NO FICTION SOUNDS LIKE CHARACTER is totally indicative of the similar sound on all three =)

they're not bad! i like fiction of the three best. it's better than releasing three crappy albums, at least they're nice to listen to

Dt are a great band but i really can't stand Character and Fiction, Damage Done is where they shouldve stopped making albums, they sound tired and old now. I like how in flames change there style with every release..Fuck Dt Hail IF.

Listen to a few key songs. And put them on an MP3 player or something so you can listen to them properly with headphones. Check these out:

Jester Script Transfigured
Moonshield
Resin
Embody the Invisible
Jotun
Goliaths Disarm Their Davids
Suburban Me

If you're "bored" by these songs, then I don't know what to tell you. Mentally, you've probably already determined that you're not going to like them due to all the negativity throw their way these days.

rofl

fiction, character, damage done are all basically the same album, so predictable (although not bad, just repetitive and no real song distinction)

the gallery is one of the best metal albums of the last 20 years, hands down

after that, DT's best album is probably haven, which was underappreciated when it was released because people were still scratching their heads over the pile of festering feces that was projector. very good album though... mind's eye too, although the production seems off on that album

i agree, haven is a really solid record. its my favorite dt album.....but that isnt saying much i guess.

rofl

i'd say character, damage done,haven are same style album.
fiction is a bit different from these ones,cause more keyboard were
used than any of album that i mentioned.and keyboard is play a more inportant roll in all instrument arangement.:loco:

Amen to that.:worship:

It really all comes down to taste. Like someone else said, you shouldn't try to force yourself to like bands. I love Opeth, but I can't stand all the other bands that people associate them with.
I can really only listen to older IF and DT. The new stuff doesn't appeal to me, and that's ok; everyone has different tastes.