cant get into In Flames

Hey `whatdo u think about The Haunted!!! or do the suck nowadays to?
fiction is a ok DT album,better then character....and as far as soilwork goes they lost it after "Natural born chaos".

ok tell me i tried for like...6years now to get to like In Flames but i just cant listen to them because they bore me to hell... WHY!?

i mean im a big fan of swedish metal (Arch Enemy,Soilwork etc.)

and really iv tried iv been to like 4concerts of them now and they where ok but they didnt gave me the satisfaction that i get after a concert from Soilwork...

and iv got all the IF albums on my computer...but never listen to them because i fall asleep when listening

...help?

I have bands like that too...Opeth, Nevermore...I've tried, but can't quite get there. Some bands just don't do it for you...there's no need to push it. I like a lot of In Flames, but I can see where you're coming from. I think their albums are inconsistent...there are some great songs and the rest are ok. some of the great ones are really great, but the ok songs all kinda sound the same. I'm only talking Lunar Strain thru Clayman...I don't know any of their stuff after that.

Make a CD of:
Moonshield
The Jester's Dance
December Flower
Jotun
Dialogue with the Stars
The Hive
Embody the Invisible
Ordinary Story
Zombie, Inc.
Coerced Coexistence
Bullet Ride
Pinball Map
Only For the Weak
Swim

That would be my suggestion...all GREAT songs. You won't fall asleep on that.

schenkadere said:
Make a CD of:
Moonshield
The Jester's Dance
December Flower
Jotun
Dialogue with the Stars
The Hive
Embody the Invisible
Ordinary Story
Zombie, Inc.
Coerced Coexistence
Bullet Ride
Pinball Map
Only For the Weak
Swim
- Swim
+ Everlost (both parts). Otherwise, great list of middle In Flames..

The big difference between Character and Fiction is the emotion behind the music. Character's delivery and pace was more angry and violent, but Fiction adds more melancholy. They're both awesome, either way.

- Swim
+ Everlost (both parts). Otherwise, great list of middle In Flames..

The big difference between Character and Fiction is the emotion behind the music. Character's delivery and pace was more angry and violent, but Fiction adds more melancholy. They're both awesome, either way.

I think the production and vocals on Lunar Strain suck, so I left that out...it's less accessible for the casual listener. Hargalaten, on the other hand, is beautiful...that's the one with the chick singing, right?

schenkadere said:
I think the production and vocals on Lunar Strain suck, so I left that out...it's less accessible for the casual listener. Hargalaten, on the other hand, is beautiful...that's the one with the chick singing, right?
Nah, Hargalaten is the cool instrumental violin/guitar duet (track 7). The one with the chick singing is Everlost part 2.

Love all the bands listed here. Including CoB (mainly the old stuff though, the first 3 albums we're killer). I agree with you too Naglfar, I find myself listening to older DT. And The Gallery totally deserves all the hype it gets I reckon. That album is amazing to me. It's probably in my top 3 favourite MDM albums of all time.

Love all the bands listed here. Including CoB (mainly the old stuff though, the first 3 albums we're killer). I agree with you too Naglfar, I find myself listening to older DT. And The Gallery totally deserves all the hype it gets I reckon. That album is amazing to me. It's probably in my top 3 favourite MDM albums of all time.

I prefer Images and Words and Awake for DT.

What are your other 2 MDM favs?

I prefer Images and Words and Awake for DT.

What are your other 2 MDM favs?
I meant DT as in Dark Tranquillity, lol. But I still love Dream Theater though, and Images and Worlds is an awesome album too. Actually when I think about i,I wouldn't know how to label my top 3 MDM albums, there's lots of MDM albums I like.

Dark Tranquillity:The Gallery, In Flames:Colony & Whoracle, Carcass:Heartwork, Ensiferum:Ensiferum, Wintersun:Wintersun, CoB:Hatebreeder & Follow the Reaper, Soilwork:The Chainheart Machine etc.

I meant DT as in Dark Tranquillity, lol. But I still love Dream Theater though, and Images and Worlds is an awesome album too. Actually when I think about i,I wouldn't know how to label my top 3 MDM albums, there's lots of MDM albums I like.

Dark Tranquillity:The Gallery, In Flames:Colony & Whoracle, Carcass:Heartwork, Ensiferum:Ensiferum, Wintersun:Wintersun, CoB:Hatebreeder & Follow the Reaper, Soilwork:The Chainheart Machine etc.

Oh...sorry...my bad...that's funny.

Hatebreeder is the only COB I really enjoy.

Heartwork is a great album!:headbang:

Sikth is an awesome band. It's good that you found them. Bland Street Bloom is an incredible song.

ok, first off, In Flames > Dark Tranquility > everything else, Soilwork is cool too. If you can't get into In Flames, then don't, moron. But make sure you check out At The Gates...kickass MDM. Get Slaughter of The Soul. And In Flames' last 3 albums suck, but they still made the first 5 and a half (the Subterranean EP) and that stuff was all kickass...sucks for you if you don't like them, but then, I can't get into Iron Maiden. For a metalhead, that's like impotence.

Same problem here, i'm a melodic death metal freak(Dark Tranquillity,COB,Kalmah,Norther,Amon Amarth,Hypocrisy,At The Gates,Wintersun...)but I cant get into In Flames.

In Flames' earliest work is a lot more fierce and fast than their middle [and usually most recognized] albums. You might enjoy "Lunar Strain" and "Subterranean" better.