Car Thread

My jeep is too nice to take off road. I'd rather buy like a 98 Grand for a like 1.5k to do that instead of taking a luxury vehicle off road and ruining it.

yea its a hassle to change the oil on even some of the german cars. No one should HAVE to take their car in to get serviced for a friggin' oil change and no should ever have to spend more than about $70(and that's if you're going full synthetic).

about $50(10qts of full-synth + GM oil filter) and some elbow grease is all i need to change the oil on Camaros, Corvette's, Suburbans, etc

My jeep is too nice to take off road. I'd rather buy like a 98 Grand for a like 1.5k to do that instead of taking a luxury vehicle off road and ruining it.
Flashing news, your jeep is NOT a "luxury vehicle".

I def want something that combines luxury and off road capability as well as ample room for surfboards and such. It's tough to find the balance I seek.
Porsche, BMW, Audi and Mercedes produce some ok luxury SUV's ... but i personally stay faaar away form german cars.

The Jaguar F-Pace and Maserati Levante are probably the two best luxury SUV's in my opinion, and i think the low trims of the F-Pace start pretty low.

Porsche, BMW, Audi and Mercedes produce some ok luxury SUV's ... but i personally stay faaar away form german cars.

The Jaguar F-Pace and Maserati Levante are probably the two best luxury SUV's in my opinion, and i think the low trims of the F-Pace start pretty low.
The maintenance on those would be financial nightmares I fear. They're also "too nice" to take off road I reckon. I think I'd be happy with a suped up pickup or Wrangler at this point. I'll look into the Maserati for shits and giggles tho.

yea none of those would really fit what you're looking for tbh.

this ones ok, but its a Ford so pretty much no luxury ....
ford_flex_roof_rack-1468282498866.jpg

Everything you've ever posted has led me to believe that you exist at barely above 'scum of the earth' level, so yeah, I'm assuming my car is nicer than yours.

Last edited:
Reactions: dwellerINTHEdark
Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
just a heads up .... Tahoes(about 205 inches) are basically the smaller version of the Suburban(225 inches). Pretty much the same exact car otherwise. Same interior trims, same drivetrain, both have three rows of seating, etc. I think the Suburban has a bigger gas tank but that's about it.

No one should HAVE to take their car in to get serviced for a friggin' oil change and no should ever have to spend more than about $70(and that's if you're going full synthetic).

Fuck, if only that was the case in this country. Even if I cop it on discount the full synth oil I have to put in my Nissan is $85 but it's $120 without any discount. Non-genuine oil filters I can get down to about $17 and the air filter is the same price but the diesel filter is $180 genuine or $140 non genuine. Nissan want $1500 for a major service on my car, which is why the pricks haven't seen it since I rolled it out the door on the day of purchase.

... yeah man fuck those stealerships.

Yep, drove mine out on the day of purchase and told them I wouldn't be back.
On some parts it's cheaper for me to order the bits and ship them from CourtesyParts in the US than it is to buy from these monkeys. Some of the stealerships are getting smarter and putting consumables like filters and shit n ebay at about half the cost of buying them over the counter which shows how much they mark shit up but it's only a few of them, the rest claim $45 for an oil filter and $170 for oil is a fair cost.

Yep, drove mine out on the day of purchase and told them I wouldn't be back.
On some parts it's cheaper for me to order the bits and ship them from CourtesyParts in the US than it is to buy from these monkeys. Some of the stealerships are getting smarter and putting consumables like filters and shit n ebay at about half the cost of buying them over the counter which shows how much they mark shit up but it's only a few of them, the rest claim $45 for an oil filter and $170 for oil is a fair cost.
how many quarts does your truck take? And how many miles have you put on it since a)buying it and b)the last time you changed the oil?

Mine takes 7.5 litres which I think is about 8 qrts.
It's done about 140,000 kilometres which I think is about 90,000 miles
and I changed the oil about 3 months ago. but I usually change the oil every 10-15,000 ks