Car Thread

You could buy a used Raptor for that much...
you can find a used Raptor for much less. Btw have you seen John Hennessey's 6x6 Velociraptor?
6X6-Hennessey-Velociraptor-06.jpg

:lol:

SUV’s are lame soccer Mum shite.
this seems kind of weird coming from someone who is constantly fapping over vans and station wagons. :erk:

Last edited:
Reactions: King Richard
Honestly if it’s a real off-roader then cool. But giant luxury 4WD’s are horrible.

I'm not taking my pretty car near the dirt roads the bright pink paint job and silverware might get a scratch on it! Just cause it's got two diffs doesn't mean it doesn't goes offroad, I go into shopping centre car parks with speed humps everyday you know!

Reactions: Satanstoenail
you can find a used Raptor for much less. Btw have you seen John Hennessey's 6x6 Velociraptor?
6X6-Hennessey-Velociraptor-06.jpg

:lol:

I hope whoever buys that really does have the world's tiniest penis.

I have to admit that I'm with STN on the SUV thing. I like the idea of a proper SUV, i.e. Land Rover, Wrangler, etc, but in practice they're impractical and wasteful. The only good excuse for buying them is one that usually gets spun around by husbands at car dealerships: their wives are bad drivers and they want for it to be less likely their kids will die if she get's into an accident with them in the car. Not exactly the best argument, but it holds to some extent if she runs into a Smart Car.

I feel the same way about pickups too. I like pickups and grew up around them in a setting in which they were properly used because my father was a mechanic and towed around race cars, but I get really turned off by how they're normally used. Take the duallies that fill up grocery store parking lots, for example, or the fully-loaded pickups parked inside gated urban apartment communities that don't have garages.

Anyways, my father got started on a new pet project a few months back. It's on hold at the moment until he finishes up the drag cars left in the garage, but here's the progress done so far. Chopping tops is a time-consuming bitch fwiw. Pics are obviously a bit dated, from last spring.

Back story: thing's been on my grandparent's property for ages. They were hoarders and hated my father. They died and now there's the very long, e.g. years-long because winter is the only time when it's safe to do, process of going through all of it to find anything of value and burning the rest.

18558614_1950218641875533_2978707904753147542_o.jpg

17098102_1912652428965488_2470348297991994155_o.jpg

Stripped and inside washed.

17192232_1914243692139695_5147106375082752055_o.jpg

After the initial rough cutting for the choptop.

18491523_1950219711875426_7262966135671660560_o.jpg

The chop's been cleaned up since this picture was taken, but I don't have any others on hand. The chop isn't a dramatic one, but I think it looks better that way, especially with how tall the hood sits. Plan is to throw it on an airbag suspension so it drops to the ground when parked. In terms of finish, he's thinking of just doing a matte black, but I wouldn't be surprised if he changes his mind since he recently escaped the auto mechanic business. Engine-wise, he's not doing anything dramatic--fabricating drag cars for a living can really dull the enthusiasm for that--and he's just going to drop an engine and trans from a Ford F-350 utility van in it. All of the replacement hardware is already there. Hopefully the project should be just about finished this spring.

Reactions: Satanstoenail
Soccer moms drive vans, wagons and gay ass crossover suv's.

Large/true SUV's are the best SUV's
Soccer mums usually drive giant 4WD’s around these parts. Luxury or not. As BO said, it’s all about having as much car around them as possible because children must be protected from everything at all times. Unfortunately several kids have been run over by frenzied mothers in their gargantuan gas guzzlers because their vision of their surroundings are impaired by the size of their vehicles.
I’d love to know the percentage of 4WD/SUV vehicles that are actually owned by people that need to drive on rough terrain or that are recreational off-roaders. I can imagine it’s insanely small.

@Black Orifice - I’d love to see some more progress pics of that beast!

@TechnicalBarbarity why are you getting rid of the stingray?
a few different reasons, main one being i wanna get back in a supercharged Camaro. I'm also thinking about not paying a car note for a while(still paying for this Vette) and just buying a 2002 Firebird Trans Am, if i can find one in VERY good condition.

I want this so bad .....
p-2655-i_7lkvhjk_l_db6715c188566b32a474480d753bfe54a2536187.jpg

Hey man where are you going to put those surfboards in a Wrangler? I havent warmed up to those "mid sized"/little trucks but i have to admit those ZR1's look fucking sweet.

Reactions: dwellerINTHEdark
a few different reasons, main one being i wanna get back in a supercharged Camaro. I'm also thinking about not paying a car note for a while(still paying for this Vette) and just buying a 2002 Firebird Trans Am, if i can find one in VERY good condition.

I want this so bad .....

Hey man where are you going to put those surfboards in a Wrangler? I havent warmed up to those "mid sized"/little trucks but i have to admit those ZR1's look fucking sweet.
Firebird would be badass for sure.
I was thinking about just throwing them in with the roof off or keeping the back window open and sticking them through there.
The Colorado ZR2 seems to be a very capable mid size pick-up, but fully loaded it also approaches 50k.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
i guess that sounds about right, most fully loaded full size trucks cost around $55k+ nowadays. I think. My friend with the new Ram was thinking about getting one of those ZR2's first but couldn't find a good deal on one. So he ended up getting a fully loaded Ram 1500 for around the same price.

These prices have got insane, my head would have blown up if someone told me in the 90's that stock SS Camaro's and Mustang GT's would be $40-45k. But they are world class cars now(inside and out) and are far from the cars i was driving back then so i guess the prices are somewhat justified.

im really liking that metallic blue+black rims combo on that Rubicon, but yeah this looks fucking sweet too..

2019-colorado-zr2-design-06.jpg

two very good choices imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: dwellerINTHEdark
@Black Orifice - I’d love to see some more progress pics of that beast!

Will do!

I want this so bad .....

I've always dug this model. You might like my father's old drag car:

Here's the original finish

Then after an accident and car fire, albeit on a pass where the car got out of hand

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity