Car Thread

a 4 second Firebird? Your father is a B A D man. :kickass:

Haha, yeah, although on an eighth-mile track. 1/4 mile it could drop into the 6s, but it's too dangerous on such a small tire--over 200mph on that? No thanks. Plus, drag cars break enough on an 1/8 mile track :lol: He broke a few records, including some of his own, for nitrous cars in the drag radial class when drag radial started getting big years back. That 4.66 pass was one of them. Tracks started spraying the fuck out of their strips once drag radial got really popular, which kind of took the whole point out of it, but he had some cars he built later that went into the 4.20s on such sticky surfaces.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
:lol: Unfortunately he doesn't go to the track much anymore. He did it for money for a long time, so even now everyone's trying to get his opinion on their car if shows up at any track within a hundred miles. For myself, I haven't been to the track on a regular basis for years. I was there every weekend for a while when I was younger.

That's a solid time for a stock Vette! How sticky do they keep the track? I'd like to see what a Z06 could do with that spoiler kicking the back tires down.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Yea i dont do much racing myself anymore either, which is one of the reasons i've been driving new cars heh. Irwindale is a cool little track, one of the few strips we have left around here ... and they've been talking about closing the place down for a while now.

Thursday night Thunder is what i usually pop up at but they hold a bunch of other little events there. Like drifts, destruction/demolition derby's, etc lol.

These cars can not only tear up the straight line, but they also dominate on the track. The Z06 has actually put up some super impressive numbers and even cracked the Nurburgring top 10 last year ... which the new ZL1 Camaro also did, can you believe the Camaro is putting up super car numbers now?

But the Z06 uses the same spoiler. I think you're referring to the new 755HP ZR-1's. Which is the most track ready/capable Corvette(or any other American car in production) ever built form the factory.

I’d love to know the percentage of 4WD/SUV vehicles that are actually owned by people that need to drive on rough terrain or that are recreational off-roaders. I can imagine it’s insanely small.

Yeah but the numbers are skewed massively but us country hicks who all own four wheel drives because our bitumen is rougher than yours.

Reactions: Satanstoenail
2018-custom-jeep-wrangler-rubicon-unlimited-jl-jlu-mojito-green-maximus-3-stinger-hoop-passenger-front.jpg

Is this color too out there?

Reactions: CiG
I don't know anything about cars but I want to get my license before the fall ends, so I've been taking a bunch of classes to ensure I pass. However, in terms of getting a car I was thinking something economical like a toyota prius hybrid. Mostly because its not super expensive and it seems pretty cost effective with the gas.

Reactions: dwellerINTHEdark