CHICAGO POWERFEST 2007 ANNOUNCES DATES, NEW VENUE & FIRST CONFIRMED BANDS

So far, I have to say, I'm very interested in attending. My tastes have been running more to the extreme side lately (Black 'n Roll Metal ala Satyricon, Old Man's Child, Naglfar, Grooving death metal ala Unleashed, Grave, Dismember, Progressive Death Metal ala November's Doom, Viking Black Metal ala Moonsorrow, Thyrfing, Folk metal such as Primordial, Skyclad, etc.) But hell yeah, bring on heavy technical power acts such as Nevermore, Shatter Messiah, Syris :loco: (I wish) or even Iced Earth, or great traditional metal acts like Jag Panzer, Helstar, Manilla Road, etc. any day of the week. More power, more heavy, more energy = more Dark One.

Keep 'em coming. :headbang:

Jason

doubt we will see any folk metal here due to the Heathen Crusade fest just around the corner. Even though I would love to see some represented here at Powerfest...I would love to see Ensiferum.

doubt we will see any folk metal here due to the Heathen Crusade fest just around the corner. Even though I would love to see some represented here at Powerfest...I would love to see Ensiferum.

I am not too familiar with the genre but would be open to it.
I would never in a million years have checked out bands like Naglfar, Kataklysm, Macabre, etc if it had not been for Milwaukee Metalfest.

That is the greatest thing about fests. Sometimes you can discover a band you weren't familiar with and totally dig them. It is even cooler if it is in a genre of metal you never would have expected to like a band from.

I am hoping for a good mix of bands this year.

Will you take payment in beer and shots? Despite popular belief, we don't make millions of dollars on our album sales.

Beer = :kickass:
Playing "Silent Tomorrow" live = :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:
Chance of playing said song live = :erk: :lol: :lol:

Keep releasing kick-ass material. That is payment enough.....

As far as making millions, I don't know my friend.....
Looked like a nice strectch limo you guys piled into after the LOT 4 show...

Beer = :kickass:
Playing "Silent Tomorrow" live = :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:
Chance of playing said song live = :erk: :lol: :lol:

Keep releasing kick-ass material. That is payment enough.....

As far as making millions, I don't know my friend.....
Looked like a nice strectch limo you guys piled into after the LOT 4 show...

We got a good deal on that limo, my uncle Sal works at a used limo lot and hooked us up :lol:

Sweet. I'll let you know where and when to pick me up on April 20th. :)

By the why, why does your signature sometimes show 5 American Ninja covers and sometimes only three?

Ken

I think the link that I got the pictures from sometimes comes up with errors or something. Either the web site where I got them was down, or there was some kind of server mess up. I'm thinking about getting some new signature pictures, maybe something a little more exotic, like the Carnosaur films.

I'm thinking about getting some new signature pictures, maybe something a little more exotic, like the Carnosaur films.

I think an animated GIF would be a good idea. A Carnosaur rips the head off a Leprechaun, then while he's chewing, a Robocop sneaks up from behind and shoots him. Then Robocop takes off his mask to reveal .... well, you know the rest :)

Ken