Classic Heavy Metal

i rather like that one too. you heard warlord?

they have three, which ones do you have? they're all damn good anyway, though they never really reached greatness. i tend to like the oddball debut the most.

Warlord - Yeah good band

Heavy Load -
I have Stronger than Evil and Death or Glory but I have the MP3s of their debut and the EPs and singles.

It was hard enough tracking down the two pressed CDs I do have tbh.

Anyway I like it all to some extent and I think their best moment is Heathens from the North on the five track EP.

Listen to THAT Budgie song. THAT one please.

No mention of Angel mother fucking Witch's S/t?

I fucking love that album, and it's one of my favorite traditional metal albums.

it rules, it's the one album i normally recommend as representative of NWOBHM. 'sorceress' is one of my absolute favourite heavy metal songs.

Heaven and Hell - The Devil You Know
I'm on track 3 right now, and this is bloody BRILLIANT!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/44/Thedevilyouknow-Large_(Actual_Art_Work).jpg

Iommi still has it. :headbang:

If by "still has it" you mean still has the same lack of creativity he displayed on all the shitty Sabbath albums of the '80s and '90s, then yeah, he still has it.

This album was just another disappointment - but even more so considering that it was FOURTEEN YEARS since the last Sabbath album. I would have hoped that Iommi could write at least ONE good song in all that time!

Performance-wise it's okay, but there's really nothing exceptional about the playing. The solos are all pretty tame, the drumming is fucking boring as hell, and although Dio can still yell pretty well for a 66-year-old, his lyrics, and the way he delivers them, are mind-numbingly stupid - right on par with his worst solo stuff.

Sorry, but these guys are barely even shadows of what they used to be.

If by "still has it" you mean still has the same lack of creativity he displayed on all the shitty Sabbath albums of the '80s and '90s, then yeah, he still has it.

This album was just another disappointment - but even more so considering that it was FOURTEEN YEARS since the last Sabbath album. I would have hoped that Iommi could write at least ONE good song in all that time!

Performance-wise it's okay, but there's really nothing exceptional about the playing. The solos are all pretty tame, the drumming is fucking boring as hell, and although Dio can still yell pretty well for a 66-year-old, his lyrics, and the way he delivers them, are mind-numbingly stupid - right on par with his worst solo stuff.

YOU WILL BURN IN THE FIREY PITS OF FAGGOTRY FOR THIS BLASPHEMY

Cool, someone else is completely uninterested in this album as well.

Whatever kind of a standard "tons of other recent metal" is, it doesn't sound like a very good one. And no, I imagine it wouldn't be a letdown for you if you happen to love every last album Sabbath has ever released no matter how god-awful it is. If you're really that crazy about painfully-generic, melodically-offensive trad metal by a group of guys who have long since been drained creatively, then help yourself.