Classical music/Metal covers

Itay

\m/ (*_-) \m/
Jul 29, 2001
@home
Do you know any metal version that's been done to classical piece?
I'm currently looking for some, and I've also thought of doin' some with my new band

the only metal version of classical piece i have on the computer is
Scatterbrain - Mozart - Sonata #15
it fuckin' rulez :headbang:

So, if you know some tell me :p

Sorry, I don't know any. But I've always wanted to hear some, or do some of my own. The trouble is, I hardly know any of their names. Toccata und Fugue in D minor is a must, the Moonlit (Moonlight???) Sonata, and there's one about a dying swan that's really famous as well...

Is that Yngwie J Malmsteen then? Because I can't find Toccata und Fugue in his discography, and there aren't any other Malmsteens on Google...

Yngwie J. Malmsteen, yes. It might not be in his discography, but search for "Toccata Fugue" in a download program's search engine. I got mine from AudioGalaxy, but it was shut down. :(

Right, I've registered as toccatafuguedude :D

Although I have to say that I might not be online on Sunday 'cos my dad might need the computer to work...

This is not actually classical, but check out this one: Sentenced - Konevitsan kirkonkellot. It's a good cover from Piirpauke's original song, which I happen to like more though. :D

BTW: I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think that Piirpauke's saxophonist played saxophone on Amorphis' Am Universum.

Skyclad did a cover of 'Sabre Dance' on their 'Irrational Anthems' cd...good stuff, I always liked that song with full orchestra. The band 'Believer' did a lot of metal mixed with classical, especially on the album 'Dimensions'.