COB Miscellaneous

Yeah, need a caption from the upper angle tho. Cool bracelets. The lady clearly had no idea who these guys are. Alexi remained sympathetic, but you could see the other has walked thru the gates of hell and come out alive, while the other is a girl band drool sculpture. Only thing they have in common is lust for '80's music.

How can it be, there are only 22 frets? Plus that ugly thing where you need to lay your wrist on the strings to palm mute, no whammy, and 2 mics. Alexi has changed his outside style, but is he really gonna change guitar shape, too? Gonna be really weird to see if he plays Bodom songs on that thing. But I like those guitars, it just fits black metal or doom metal more. Is it for his own fun and new style, or active Bodom use?

That's funny I was looking at getting something mahogany and les paul shape for playing standard tuned stuff.

Where does it say that's his new model though? I have a very hard time believing that

It could just be for one song. They used that ESP stratocaster copy for dead man hand on you's clean parts.

Mahagony is darker sounding and alder is bright and sharp.

I just think it's alexi posing with a random ESP guitar while he was at their headquarters.

So no dive bombs and high end solos on the new album, huh, fuuuck me. :D How does mahogany sound like? It weighs heavy as shit, right? I like heavy guitars, they have more atmosphere, the way they like feel on your lap and stuff, like so heavy you need a massage after a gig, like for doom metal you want this kind of guitar, but for Bodom you need a ninja guitar.

Mahogony is darker sounding and alder is bright and sharp.

All I want is for Bodom to sound dark, heavy, melodic and creative, the 23-24th frets and whammy bar aren't the key to it, so I don't care, as long as we get one more cult album.

I think this guitar could suit Alexi these days, at least better than the fucked up orange one.

DSC017342.jpg

Where does it say that's his new model though? I have a very hard time believing that

https://www.facebook.com/ESPFinland?pnref=story

ESP Finland added 5 new photos to the album: Alexi Laiho And His New ESP Original Series Eclipse — with ESP Guitars JP and Alexi Laiho at Musamaailma Oy - House of Rock - since 1985.

Alexi Laiho and Children Of Bodom are working on some new songs and Alexi sort of realized every guitarist should have an ESP Eclipse. And we know why - it's just the right thing for studio and foolin-around-playin-stuff type of $#*! ...

So here they are! The guitar is an ESP Original Series Eclipse CTM See Thru Black Sunburst.

Specifications:
Mahogany body with superb Quilted Maple top, Maple neck with Ebony fingerboard, 22 extra jumbo frets, EMG 60+81 active pickups, Gotoh locking tuners and Tonepros locking bridge.

More info here: http://www.espguitars.com/prod…/9954-esp-eclipse-ctm-stblksb

Bodom get their own stamps!

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/fi...children-of-bodom-apocalyptica-him-on-stamps/

Finnish Postal Service To Honor NIGHTWISH, CHILDREN OF BODOM, APOCALYPTICA, HIM On Stamps

Finland's postal service, Posti, will release nine new stamp publications in September-November, with a total of 35 different stamps. The stamps will feature musical themes ranging from Sibelius to hard rock, including six internationally successful Finnish rock bands that got to where they are today through a great deal of determination and perseverance.

The Finnish invasion of the global rock music scene began with HANOI ROCKS back in the 1980s. The other bands featured in the stamps are THE RASMUS, HIM, APOCALYPTICA, CHILDREN OF BODOM and NIGHTWISH.

"For each stamp, I selected a band photo and a logotype that together resemble a band poster," says Klaus Welp, the graphic artist that designed the Million miles away sheet. The background of the sheet depicts the green room backstage in the legendary Tavastia rock club, which Welp describes as an archaeological treasure of Finnish rock 'n' roll.

Heavy metal and hard rock music continues to thrive in Finland, where bands like CHILDREN OF BODOM regularly top the chart with their single and full-length releases.

According to Slate, Finland has the most heavy metal bands per capita in the world. While Sweden and Norway have only 27 heavy metal bands per 100,000 inhabitants, Finland boasts double as much, 54 bands per 100,000.

Some claim that Finland is "the only country in the world where metal is mainstream," and people actually study Finnish and Norwegian to better understand heavy metal music.

People have speculated that the climate in Finland, which is characterized by cold, and sometimes severe, winters and relatively warm summers, has contributed to the population's disproportionately high interest in heavier forms of rock. Says the A Metal State Of Mind web site: "When someone is surrounded by cold and dark for long periods of time, it is only natural that some form of depression will start to set in. And how do many Finns combat this depression, release the negative energy, and make themselves feel more positive? Well, I can't think of one form of music more tailored to the release of the negative more than metal."

Although the suicide rates of Finland are higher than those of other Nordic countries, the number of suicides among Finnish men has gone down by 48 percent since the '90s, according to a July 2014 report in the Helsinki Times.

https://www.facebook.com/ESPFinland?pnref=story

ESP Finland added 5 new photos to the album: Alexi Laiho And His New ESP Original Series Eclipse — with ESP Guitars JP and Alexi Laiho at Musamaailma Oy - House of Rock - since 1985.

Alexi Laiho and Children Of Bodom are working on some new songs and Alexi sort of realized every guitarist should have an ESP Eclipse. And we know why - it's just the right thing for studio and foolin-around-playin-stuff type of $#*! ...

So here they are! The guitar is an ESP Original Series Eclipse CTM See Thru Black Sunburst.

Specifications:
Mahogany body with superb Quilted Maple top, Maple neck with Ebony fingerboard, 22 extra jumbo frets, EMG 60+81 active pickups, Gotoh locking tuners and Tonepros locking bridge.

More info here: http://www.espguitars.com/prod…/9954-esp-eclipse-ctm-stblksb

Yeah so it isn't a signature guitar, just one they gave him to play around with in the studio.

By the way, Alexi looks so much more lively without the makeup

They filmed all that shit years ago on one session and now upload short videos now and then to gain views I guess. It's kinda lame, cos RRF is a forgotten album. If they still have Alexi playing Shovel Knockout or Roundtrip then just post that and stop screwing around.

It's a pretty standard lick

It's in the AYDY solo and the solo for "Winter Madness" by Wintersun I know