CoB only in it for the money?

bodomite said:
two words
WHO CARES

for fuck sakes
this is all you fucking ened
i must admit i am been drinknig and fuck heres what i say. first I LIKES AYIDY, I LOVE Living Dead Beat.

many of you hate AYDY, Cob chanigng thw sound to make people like it and want to buy it, whats wrtong with that?

also, fuck anyone who thinks COB sucks now. I mean, fuck it. they are fucking people woth their own opinions on music. Music is fucking what you amke of it, its whatever you want, it can be fucking ass shit like Nirvana and some people find it amazing and it can be COB and people like me think its fucking great.

Hatebreeder is amazing, AYDY is great but i;; admit i prefer hatebreeder. But im not yet an official musician. If you dont liek it stop fucking bringing it up. If you do like it, shut up cause i dont give a fucking shit about what you fucking like.

Music is fuckinjg music, I know MANY people who HATE somthing willd. BUt fujkc I DONT CAE

I DONT WRITE A 10 PAGE ESSAY ON WHY I DISLIKE THININGS.

to all those going to disagree with me that AYDY is shit and i should stfu, dont worry, i know you guys hate it too, i try not to bring it up, but fuck.....LEAVE ALXI AND COB ALONE. THay write whatever they fucking feel like writing, so fuck you and suck my tiny penis.no one is going to change their mind about AYDY and COB, so blasting/praising AYDY isnt going to get anywhere.

If COB actually reads this, congradulatuos on making another album, and I apologize for any idiocy it had caused. If they dont I DONT FUCKUINGC ARE CAUS EI LOVE VODKA

DeathPact said:
What alexi sais seems perfectly logical to me... if it does not sell, something must be rong... so wtf you want him to do? continue a non selling band?

by the way how is AYDY album selling compared to the other albums anybody know? please no BS thumb sucking.
Chuck didn't start making real money until Symbolic, before that he was barely scraping by, but he stuck with it, without selling out.

CliffBurton said:
for fuck sakes
this is all you fucking ened
i must admit i am been drinknig and fuck heres what i say. first I LIKES AYIDY, I LOVE Living Dead Beat.

many of you hate AYDY, Cob chanigng thw sound to make people like it and want to buy it, whats wrtong with that?

also, fuck anyone who thinks COB sucks now. I mean, fuck it. they are fucking people woth their own opinions on music. Music is fucking what you amke of it, its whatever you want, it can be fucking ass shit like Nirvana and some people find it amazing and it can be COB and people like me think its fucking great.

Hatebreeder is amazing, AYDY is great but i;; admit i prefer hatebreeder. But im not yet an official musician. If you dont liek it stop fucking bringing it up. If you do like it, shut up cause i dont give a fucking shit about what you fucking like.

Music is fuckinjg music, I know MANY people who HATE somthing willd. BUt fujkc I DONT CAE

I DONT WRITE A 10 PAGE ESSAY ON WHY I DISLIKE THININGS.

to all those going to disagree with me that AYDY is shit and i should stfu, dont worry, i know you guys hate it too, i try not to bring it up, but fuck.....LEAVE ALXI AND COB ALONE. THay write whatever they fucking feel like writing, so fuck you and suck my tiny penis.no one is going to change their mind about AYDY and COB, so blasting/praising AYDY isnt going to get anywhere.

If COB actually reads this, congradulatuos on making another album, and I apologize for any idiocy it had caused. If they dont I DONT FUCKUINGC ARE CAUS EI LOVE VODKA

are these going to be the lyrics to the next cob album?

Honestly, all bands are in it for the money.

Sure, many of them my love and to a greater extent, worship metal, but the only reason they go famous is for the money. Being "in it for the metal" is simply a label placed on metal bands so fanbois can relate to the metal band.

What would motivate CoB to go famous if it wasn't for the money? If they weren't getting paid, they would be jamming in someone's garage, just doing what they like to do, no need to impress anyone but themselves. They wouldn't need to deal with the crowds, the travel, or the security. They could go on playing until they died, having regular jobs like regular people, but always coming together to do something they loved.

Yet they go public, and make a crap load of money. Why? Because they figured out they have a noise that many people like, and realized they could turn coin because of it.

"But what of the glory man, the gloooooory!!!111"

All glory is the money you made. How much glory would CoB have if they made absolutely nothing on their tours? None.

"Woo, we played for people we'll never meet again, now that we're done touring, its back to regular life, no money to life a more interesting life than before we had started."

If CoB, let alone any band, made no money during their tours, I can GUARANTEE you that they would leave their fanbois in an instant.

Isn't that the whole point of a band, to be in it for the music to follow your heart and your soul and right damn good music, not a sub standard album that metal hammer will bum for the next few months without even mentioning past albums. I mean did Opeth tone down to break the US market with Blackwater Park? No, and it's their best album. This could also mean that Opeth > Children of Bodom.

If it wasn't for the HOPE of money none of these bands would have continued.

I'm not saying that any specific metal band sucks (though some do) I'm just saying that money drives us all. The overall pursuit of life in our world today is to get more money in order to

A) Survive
B) Get more stuff

Sure, many bands struggled in the beginning, because they do love metal. I'm not saying that they dont. Its just that money will always be the reason a band continues. In hard times a band hopes to make more money in the future, and keep on playing. Let alone they would rather not have to stoop and take jobs at places like McDonalds.

Money drives everything, so saying a band is "doing it for the money" is pointless. Bands may love metal, but then again, if they're rich, they can buy a big place just to jam amongst themselves. Going famous is for two things:

A) To get their name in history (duh)
B) Make a shit load of money

Because what comes with these things?

A) Respect
B) Women
C) Again, a hell of alot of money

The Hindenpeter said:
If it wasn't for the HOPE of money none of these bands would have continued.

I'm not saying that any specific metal band sucks (though some do) I'm just saying that money drives us all. The overall pursuit of life in our world today is to get more money in order to

A) Survive
B) Get more stuff

Sure, many bands struggled in the beginning, because they do love metal. I'm not saying that they dont. Its just that money will always be the reason a band continues. In hard times a band hopes to make more money in the future, and keep on playing. Let alone they would rather not have to stoop and take jobs at places like McDonalds.

Money drives everything, so saying a band is "doing it for the money" is pointless. Bands may love metal, but then again, if they're rich, they can buy a big place just to jam amongst themselves. Going famous is for two things:

A) To get their name in history (duh)
B) Make a shit load of money

Because what comes with these things?

A) Respect
B) Women
C) Again, a hell of alot of money

that makes alot of sense but then again alot of people who are in bands would've did something else trhat would gave them a decent life. example: steve harris was an accomplished drafter and he had the choice between pro football and music.

o_O Uggghh, this is insanely pointless. And anyways, if there was no such thing as money, I'm sure they'd still be making music. They like metal, so why not make a living off it? It's common sense, or not...

I guess I just don't like the term "In it for the money"

Now if you said "sellouts" that would work better. If CoB would break up because a MINOR fluctuation in money, then yes, they are sellouts. Hopefully that wont occur.

Hopefully, and hopefully they won't tone down again... The moment they do a rammstein and have a song with the singer from Texas I nuke Finland.

NP: Trivium - Pillars of Serpents

LedByTheReaper said:
Hopefully, and hopefully they won't tone down again... The moment they do a rammstein and have a song with the singer from Texas I nuke Finland.

NP: Trivium - Pillars of Serpents

That song is fucking horrible. Easily the worst Rammstein song.