COB should headline ozzfest

pallarandersvisa said:
fuck Ozzfest. I odnt want a bunch of faggots running around with godsmack hats and oversized pants saying "yo yo! that children of bahdem is sikk as SATAN!"

that's almost like saying "i don't want cob to be famous or more recognized".
won't it be better if kids actually ditch the numetal stuff n start listening to cob.
or would you start complaining again abt cob not being underground enough or becoming more mainstream.

Ozzfest ..meh!

What needs to be done is the creation of a new festival more specifically focused on 'metal' bands and expose people to the lesser known and more extreme (and more talented) side.
..on which Bodom should definitely be.

We don't have enough of these, and I don't have the money to go to Europe to attend the good festivals.

MagSec4 said:
Ozzfest ..meh!

What needs to be done is the creation of a new festival more specifically focused on 'metal' bands and expose people to the lesser known and more extreme (and more talented) side.
..on which Bodom should definitely be.

We don't have enough of these, and I don't have the money to go to Europe to attend the good festivals.

Exactly...I was planning to go to Tuska or Wacken this year...But I don't know anyone who wanna spend that much money or someone who lives in Europe who could help to crash somewhere cheap..Anyway ; a new Metal Festival ...with real metal bands would just work. Ozz Fest isnt as bad as the other past years..But could be still much better...and we got ProgPower.. but I'm not gonna travel to Altanta to see a Fest of a specified Metal style which is not my favorite. Diversity would just be the key yeah...

Next time I see Bodom I'm going to challenge Alexi to a drinking contest.
Last time I missed them I was mildly drunk when I got there (20 shots) and sober an hour or so later. (note that I also hadn't eaten that day and the food I ate when I found out the show was sold out helped me)
anyone know how much alexi can drink?

Steve said:
Next time I see Bodom I'm going to challenge Alexi to a drinking contest.
Last time I missed them I was mildly drunk when I got there (20 shots) and sober an hour or so later. (note that I also hadn't eaten that day and the food I ate when I found out the show was sold out helped me)
anyone know how much alexi can drink?
Yeah.. we kind of want him to live and make a tad more music, chief
wink.gif

Seems like Alexi can drink A LOT, at least that's what some people say. ;)
Though it seems like the guys from Griffin can drink at least as much -ask Kai aka gryphon ;) ;)

BoDoM0311 said:
Hands down Alexi right now seeing as Ozzy doesnt really booze anymore (look at the guy) but back in Ozzy's day (70s-80s) deffinently Ozzman..should be who would win at a drinking contest..Alexi or Zakk

Zakk would fuckin destroy him, that man can fuckin drink :OMG:

I think its bullshit that Cradle of Filth were at Ozzfest last year and I'm even fuckin more shocked that Dimmu Borgir is gonna be there this year! What resulted from Cradle of Filth being there last year alot of meaningless statements about how there so cool and their the next Slipknot well fuck that shit! Those people didn't take the time to seek out good music before ozzfest, so mainstreaming is only gonna make them lose the respect with people who are loyal fans not go with the change of the seasons motherfuckers like those little Slipknot manufactured ankle biters!

As for Children of Bodom I saw an interview with Alexi and Janne speaking about the mainstream and they'd rather not be world wide popular and have fans they know are faithful and will not turn their backs and say their stupid when some fuckin shitty "emo" band show up on TRL so hopefully they stick to it and keep on dishing out shit for the hatecrew.

The Lantern Nut said:
Seems like Alexi can drink A LOT, at least that's what some people say. ;)
Though it seems like the guys from Griffin can drink at least as much -ask Kai aka gryphon ;) ;)
I could probably beat Alexi, but never Roope!!:D

Yayish, Roope is a drunk ;)
Gryphon, I meant that last year when Allu was in Norway with you guys, and all of you drank loads of moonshine........he was the only one who threw up in the end!!

Ozzfest is crap. I will never go to one. I am not watching 12 crappy bands play out in hot as hell Missouri in the middle of the summer. I don't even care if Bodom was there I would probably skip, I hate Riverport.

The Lantern Nut said:
Yayish, Roope is a drunk ;)
Gryphon, I meant that last year when Allu was in Norway with you guys, and all of you drank loads of moonshine........he was the only one who threw up in the end!!
Yeah, how do you know?? Anyway, that's part of being a good drinker....I mean, to throw up, and start drinking again.

Everyone on this thread are talking about Dimmu and Sabbath... What about Lamb of God... I picked up their CD at MusicWorld like 3 months ago and they fucking ROCK