COBHC.COM needs your help

COBHC Webmaster

COBHC Webmaster
Jun 25, 2005
www.cobhc.com
Hello. I'm the new webmaster of cobhc.com and I'm re-creating the Hate Crew homepage aiming to have a new site up on the Are You Dead Yet? release date. The site will have a completely new layout and new content including new band member profiles. I am thinking about asking the band some questions and I would appreciate if you people on this board could help me out with some questions. Here's Alexi's old cobhc.com profile so you get the idea :

Alexi's old profile said:
Been Playing For: Ten years

Favourite Bands: WASP, Ozzy Osborne, Stone

Favourite Musicians: Randy Rhodes, Zakk Wylde, Jake E Lee,

5 Favourite Albums: Stone:No anesthesia
Ozzy Osborne: No rest for the wicked
Stratovarius:Visions
Dark throne:Blaze in the northern skies
WASP:Wasp

Favourite CoB Song: Every time I die

How Do You Prepare For The Gig?
A lot of guitar, coffee, cigarettes

Which Band Would You Like To Open Up For? Ozzy Osborne

Best Live Show You've Seen / Would Like To See? Pantera-94/Ozzy. Razor X

Highlight Of Your Career On/Off Stage? Tokyo-99/Drinkin Beer at Barcelona Beach

Downpoint Of Your Career On/Off Stage?
COB/Impaled show in Mexico city in fever and puking between 1.st set and encore

Life Outside Band? What is that?

Equipment You Use? Jackson guitars

Favourite Cities / Countries To Play In? Tokyo/Finland

Best Way To spend Spare Time In Studio/On Tour? Asphalt Annihilation/Drinkin, Playstation

Favourite Drink / Smoke? Heineken, Vodka tonic/Lucky Strikes

Coolest Restaurant Or Bar You've Been Into? Dokken, Tokyo

Favourite Movie? Amadeus, Leaving las vegas, Back to the future, Die Hard(Bruce Willis)

Best Computer Or Console Game? Driver, Silenthill, Tony Hawk

From Who Would You Like To Ask These Same Questions? Timo Tolkki

Also, any suggestions regarding the new site would be greatly appreciated.

Cool ! I'll let my suggestions here.

I think the questions asked in the old profiles are cool, and it may has changed so it could be interesting to ask them again. Also it should include some few pics.
A little biography of the band should be nice. And about the discography, what about asking the band to comment it a bit? I mean, they could say what they wanted to do at the time they wrote (well, at least Alexi wrote) the music for each album, how they define the genre of each one, I dunno, that could be great ;-).
If I got more ideas i'll come back ;-). Good luck working with the website, get CoB the fuckin website they deserve !

ok ive got some to ask the alexi:

where did you get all your tattoo's done?

what company did you like better esp or jackson?

what is your new guitar going to look like?

for roope:

are you going to stay in children of bodom as your main band?

on thrashed lost and strungout in helsinki when you were going on about the black forest of death, where you extreamly drunk or don't know much english.

for the rest of the band:

well anyone eles in the band get tattoo's?

how long till you come to australia?

This questions could apply to all the members

What would your Job be if not a musician?

How many hours did you spend practicing during your teen years?

The second one specially I've never seen answered anywhere. Alexi always said it takes dedication to become good on the guitar, but not anythinh regarding how much time he practiced, same with the other members.

For everyone in teh band (but maybe especially Alexi):
"What's the best/craziest/most original gift you ever got from a fan?"

Draznog said:
for roope:

are you going to stay in children of bodom as your main band?

Good question I think.

Draznog said:
[another question for Roope]on thrashed lost and strungout in helsinki when you were going on about the black forest of death, where you extreamly drunk or don't know much english

Dude was hammered!:D

I think a great thing would be comments from the band (or maybe just Alexi) about each album in the discography. Look at the disco at http://www.behemoth.pl and you get the picture. That would be great, and I think alot of fans would like it

Wings of a dream said:
This questions could apply to all the members

What would your Job be if not a musician?

How many hours did you spend practicing during your teen years?

The second one specially I've never seen answered anywhere. Alexi always said it takes dedication to become good on the guitar, but not anythinh regarding how much time he practiced, same with the other members.
yeah.. thats pretty much what I had in mind too..

Roope was talking about the black death, about how it killed "haff of finnish pop-a-lation" lol. Referring to some history, whether it happened around that graveyard or not, ehrn Europe was hit extremely hard by the Black Death in times since past, so it seems that he's a pretty smart guy when drunk ;-)

Haha, he was in one of those, "point to something and talk about it's history" sort of moods. I get like that sometimes when I'm drunk, except I usually make up the creation of religion or the denial of religion.. *shrugs* hey, it sounded good at the time.

Concearnig what I've heard from my friends who have been touring with Roope tells that he actually is a very clever man. But as alcohol limits rise, wisdom gets often flushed down to toilet. ;) But I think it's the same with all of us :D

And about Ruttopuisto, it's a former graveyard in Helsinki, which is nowadays more like a park. Some tombstones are still left to remind about the past. And about the parks name, Rutto = plague, and puisto = park. :)
So that's actually true. In finnish historybooks plague is also called as musta surma = black death. Sorry about the offtopic, just wanted to clearify.

And about my question to the band: What does the music overall mean to them. Do they consider mysic as a work or morelike a hobby. Or does it have more deeper meaning to them or their daily lives? (yeah, bit long...)
And also: What would you like achieve with your music?
And: What has been the biggest musical moment with a certain band, music or gig?

Hmm... maybe bit too-deep stuff... well you know women ;)

Thank you very much for contributing your questions so far. Please note that the profiles won't be any interviews so I need short questions where I can get short answers.

All questions will be asked to every member so they will be the same and nothing specific to a single member.

Of course a few of the older questions will be asked again.

instead of just putting, Alexi: ESP Guitars. list all the equipment that the band members use on stage or in the studio. or whereever. so people will stop asking on the forum so much. i know that will make bobvex happy as hell too, :)

maby you can put an official COBHC chat or something.. Or like an 'interact' section where all the fans can email the members of cob. and how about an "equipment" Section, where it shows what each member of cob has

Sphinx said:
maby you can put an official COBHC chat or something.. Or like an 'interact' section where all the fans can email the members of cob. and how about an "equipment" Section, where it shows what each member of cob has

They don't have that much time to interact with the fans. But a chat for us might not be a bad idea.