COBOT: the Album

Wtf how did you manage to get Alexi to sing on the 1st track?
Is that Mike Amott playing guitar on the 2nd track?
Wow 4th song is my favorite so far. A shame those organs sounds a bit cheap. I wish I could record them with my gear...

reading the last 3 pages was really tense, haha. thanks to all of you for the comments/reviews. and to all those that participated, WOW! I hope you're all proud of your hard work. and a big thanks to dave for putting this thing together :kickass:

so, here's my little review:
Alex- wtf. if you ever create a band that has compositions like this, I might just have to move to NY to be included in your project :D Your vocals and singing style was ridiculously close to Alexi's. And the ending was a great touch :lol:

Mart- dude your sound was incredible, very professional sounding! awesome tone, excellent playing and great riffs.

Daniel- I didn't hear this when you first posted it, but it's a great song, like seriously speaking...I can imagine it with some real vocals over it, it'd be pretty kickass. I love your sense of humor btw.

Tim- dude I already told you this, and you know your song is really good. big deal if the recording wasn't as great as some of the others. people still know good playing when they hear it. (and to answer your question from before, I use a pod xt and cubase to record)

Jose- I can't wait till you get here to listen to this whole album :lol: Your song was pretty hardcore! and no, I don't mean like that genre hardcore. it was just bad ass in itself :p very nice playing. you're using that toneport well!

Chris and Marie- you guys really stood out here since you had such a dark feel. I kinda wish the guitar was louder in the mix, it's hard to hear marie's guitar sometimes. but the song was really cool, you guys should keep collaborating on songs.

Dave- I haven't heard that much of your playing before, but I remember that clip you posted in the cover thread once, and I know you're a great player. it shows in your song. like that riff at 1:54, that was really nice. and not to mention your solo. you also have some kickass harmonies in here! that acousticy outro was an awesome touch imo. fits the name "blacken".

Mitch- damn fool, you totally have malmsteen written all over that first part :lol: and your lead tone is really good! I don't know why you were disappointed with it. but seriously, what's up with your playing? seems like you haven't practiced in a while....

p.s. Eli, Mart, Mitch, Dave, and Chris thanks so much for your thoughts. I sincerely appreciate it :)

and mitch, you know I'm kidding :p Playing was absolutely flawless. not that I had to say it, but yeah :p

Wow. I just finished listening to the album, I can't believe how good it is. Seriously, congrats everyone. The whole thing is way better than I thought it would be, I hate my song now :lol:

01. Bottom of the Barrel - Epic! Vocals, tone and playing were all awesome, and as everyone has already stated, the ending is made of win!

02. Reprisal - Great intro, the song builds up well! I love the almost Egyptian sounding riff!

03. Do We Need This Thread? - The evil voice was awesome! Some good ideas in there, riffs and melodies etc

04. Dusk Interwined - What can I say Twisha? Great playing, great sound! Very heavy song as well, pretty kick ass!

05. Slow Demise

06. Ode to Spaghetti Carbonara - As was already stated, this is a pretty angry ode, especially to some spaghetti! Great tone and playing, again with a cool Egyptian sound to it!

07. Chosen One - I got a strong feeling you like Dethklok! The part at 0:53 was really unexpected, but still awesome! Great song and sound!

08. Blackened - Great tone to this song! I love the melodies and shizz, and the riffage was awesome!

09. Ressurection of the Dead - I didn't really want to pick a favourite, as all the songs were awesome, but this one was amazing! I think it needs more melodies though.. Somewhat lacking on the solo side :lol:

Good work people :kickass: I really like the album. Sorry Trooper and I couldn't finish our song but university and stuff got in the way. Hopefully there'll be another COBOT album though so I can take part :p
Anyway, Jose's song is definitely my favourite :kickass: reminds me of Kreator and the solos remind me of Slayer :D

Damn I've spent the whole week studying and I've missed all the edition process!

THIS ALBUM FUCKING ROCKS!!! It is fucking awesome! There's not a single track that I don't like! I will review on it later, but I must say that it really fucking rocks!

And thanks Mitch, Twisha, Tim, Chris, Chamet and everyone I have forgotten for the comments!

What I must say is that I have to thank Flappy for half of the soloing in my song, so credit goes to him for solos 1 and 3 :kickass:

Oh and BTW, Swabs and Vikk, the album art fucking rocks man, thanks for doing it!

Btw credit to the first solo on my song goes to Necromancer.
And Tim I use a Toneport UX2, believe Jose does so too.

Yep, I am using the Toneport UX2 too, it rocks :kickass:

Can everyone post who helped on their songs with solos etc. please. I'll put it in the download post.

I used GP-1000 with the VST SIR2 using a randall cab impulse.

Guest solos: awesome solos 1 and 3 by mart (Flappy).
Awesome drums and basses: Dries (Marfal).
Make-my-lame-song-sound-cool mastering: Alex (Lowberg).
All the other crap: Jose (COCOB, me, surprise surprise! :lol:)

Settings:
-Toneport UX2 (thanks to Matias and Mart for the awesome tones they shared with me)
-LG laptop
-My RR
-Tons of coffee and food :lol:

┼Victim of the Night┼;7971681 said:
Ohhhh wow! I listened to it... it's AAAAAMAAAAZING!!!

EVERYONE played so differently but SO well, I liked everyone's originality, it's great to hear so many differences of style and playing and so on... differences are what makes us all richer in life, somehow... and also the album cover is nice... congrats everyone!

Thanks dave100 and everyone who participated for doing this CoB-OT album, I love these kind of things, like I love the forum jams whenever they were made.

Oh, and a special congrats to Mystique: you keep getting better ar guitar, girl... you should be very proud of yourself, keep the good work up.

(ps1: Jose... that was an "angry" ode to Carbonara... you must feel so hungry that you get aggressive whenever you walk around the house, waiting for your spaghetti carbonara to be ready... hence you made a craaazy song! Haha! But it's nice. :)
ps2: ...Ensiiii!! Haha, you made me think of "For The Love Of God" by Steve Vai... )

Again, congrats everyone, and thanks!!

Yep, it's been long since I had some spaghetti carbonara so I'm a bit pissed :lol: Actually it's just that the promise had been on for so long that now that I had a song that I was proud of I wanted to finally do it. I hope you liked it :) BTW, I still love them, it's not an angry song towards such a magnificent dish :D

I so strongly agree with the last thing you said, I had the same thing. This is the first composition I ever finished and it certainly stimulated me to make more since it has a nice feeling to have finally finished something
I think later on I'll write something about each song too

For me it's not the first song I've written that I like (I've done some for my band), but it's the first one I record and be proud of the recording :kickass:

Congratulations everyone. I'm surprised by the quality and how it turned out, great. Now I'm angry at myself for not taking part.

So we will have you for the next one sir? :D

Good work people :kickass: I really like the album. Sorry Trooper and I couldn't finish our song but university and stuff got in the way. Hopefully there'll be another COBOT album though so I can take part
Anyway, Jose's song is definitely my favourite :kickass: reminds me of Kreator and the solos remind me of Slayer :D

Wow! This is something I didn't expect, thanks a lot :kickass:

01. Lowberg - When you posted the sample a while ago I was really excited about your song. And it turned out awesome! Brutal riffs and nice catchy melodies. One of the strong points also imo is how the song neatly fits together. Well done!

03. Ensi - Had already heard it before of course. Really cool dude, that evil voice just made me laugh so hard :lol: Nice riffs.

04. Twisha - As I already said before I was really surprised by your song. You always have your own expectations with somebody and I must say you really exceeded mine! Really clean playing! Strongest point I think are the heavyl riffs. Awesome!

05. Tim Merrick - This intro is so fucking awesome. It sounds really professional. I also really like this part that starts at 1:24, gives it an ominous feeling :D Very cool dude!

06. Jose - I of course already heard the parts of your song where I had to record the guest solo's and I must say, the whole song sounds so brutal! Really damn trashy dude! Also at 2:13 I love the transition from the riffs to the solo part.

07. JMBullet & CrazyChris -Starts off brutal as hell! Then there's this awesome clean part. Really loved that. Too bad the guitar's weren't that loud but I heard that has sort of been fixed now.

08. Dave - This song is just...incredible. It really has so much potential. Awesome intro followed by one of the best fucking riffs ever. I have even been playing this riff myself today since it is so catchy and heavy at the same time. The harmony melodies fit in greatly as well and the insane solo parts are flawlessly played.

09. Mitch -Somehow it was quite how I expected it to be :lol: A lot of melody at an insane speed! And clean as hell. Awesome composition!

I really look forward to hear more of you guys and hope we're all up for a 2nd album!

Also I want to thank Marfal a lot for creating drum and bass backing tracks for some of us. Great work!
And Necromancer for the guest solo on my song, thanks dude!
And Lowberg for mastering my song! Sounds much better now :D

^I'll take the being an ass part out, but I agree on all the other stuff.

OK people now I'm back to study, wish me luck for my Linguistics test on Monday and see you then :lol:

EDIT: The last thing I'm going to say before I go to study: should we make a COBOT Album myspace? I think it could be cool :kickass:

And now that I notice it: Matias, WTF happened with your song??

^I'll take the being an ass part out, but I agree on all the other stuff.

OK people now I'm back to study, wish me luck for my Linguistics test on Monday and see you then :lol:

EDIT: The last thing I'm going to say before I go to study: should we make a COBOT Album myspace? I think it could be cool :kickass:

And now that I notice it: Matias, WTF happened with your song??

Making a long story short.

Laziness=>Was going to upload yesterday=>Fell asleep=>Woke up 5 hrs later=>Deadline passed.

Thanks for all the feedback you dudes and dudettes!

I haven't been able to be on for these days, because my PC is in for repairs for the third time. Luckily I got my song done before that happened.

Downloading now!:kickass:

Can't wait:kickass:

Awesom job guys! :kickass: :Smokin: :headbang:
If i get some decent gear, I might be doing the next album also if there will be one.

E: Also, sorry for beeing cheeky and ask but are you guys going to release tabs on some or all of the songs on album? =)

Awesom job guys! :kickass: :Smokin: :headbang:
If i get some decent gear, I might be doing the next album also if there will be one.

E: Also, sorry for beeing cheeky and ask but are you guys going to release tabs on some or all of the songs on album? =)

I have one for mine and Lowbergs. If all of you have a tab, send it to me and I will host them all on my server.

THANK YOU all for your comments, Yngwie was definitely the inspiration for the intro (duh!) and I had intended to do some riffing too, but I just kept getting more ideas for the intro and before I knew it, I had already started a melody that I liked.

I'll lay off the solos next time! :p