COBOT: the Album

It says Souls of Darkness =p

The track as a file is called Souls Of Darkness, but when you open it in WMP, it comes up as Reprisal.

And I am uploading to my server, hoping that it doesn't cut out like it sometimes does and only uploads half of something.

I'm uploading to sendspace too, since it PWNS ALL!

I will write a review of all songs when I am done with the album, it sounds KILLER so far.

The track as a file is called Souls Of Darkness, but when you open it in WMP, it comes up as Reprisal.

And I am uploading to my server, hoping that it doesn't cut out like it sometimes does and only uploads half of something.

I'm uploading to sendspace too, since it PWNS ALL!

I will write a review of all songs when I am done with the album, it sounds KILLER so far.

:lol: When i tried sendspace it kept cutting off my internet. I wonder who actually has the album so far

Daves song is the best imo. Pretty good! But all others are great too!

Lowbergs songs is the best prodcution wise and it has a kickass solo in it.

Mitch's song is just crazy!

Flappys and Daves got the best sound

Lowberg's song sounds more bodomish than their last 2 albums :p

Reprisal just started :kickass:

Btw credit to the first solo on my song goes to Necromancer.
And Tim I use a Toneport UX2, believe Jose does so too.

Can everyone post who helped on their songs with solos etc. please. I'll put it in the download post.

I used GP-1000 with the VST SIR2 using a randall cab impulse.

@Dave and Flappy: Thanks, I'll look into buying some new gear! Listening to the awesomeness of all the other tracks I wish I'd recorded mine with more time to spare, and on something that wasn't my laptop..

For the next album I'll go to my friends house in Glasgow, he has some good equipment!

COBOT: The Album

COBotthealbumcopy.jpg

THANKS TO SWABS FOR THE ARTWORK

Tracklist

1. Bottom of the Barrel - Lowberg
2. Reprisal - Flappy
3. Do We Need This Thread? - Ensi
4. Dusk Intertwined - Mystique
5. Slow Demise - Tim
6. Ode To Spaghetti Carbonara - COCOB
7. Chosen One - Jmbullet & Crazychris
8. Blacken -Dave
9. Resurrection of the Dead - Warheart
Download

Thanks to all you guys who put in the time and effort to make this!

Ohhhh wow! I listened to it... it's AAAAAMAAAAZING!!! :kickass: :)

EVERYONE played so differently but SO well, I liked everyone's originality, it's great to hear so many differences of style and playing and so on... differences are what makes us all richer in life, somehow... and also the album cover is nice... congrats everyone!

Thanks dave100 and everyone who participated for doing this CoB-OT album, I love these kind of things, like I love the forum jams whenever they were made.

Oh, and a special congrats to Mystique: you keep getting better ar guitar, girl... you should be very proud of yourself, keep the good work up.

(ps1: Jose... that was an "angry" ode to Carbonara... you must feel so hungry that you get aggressive whenever you walk around the house, waiting for your spaghetti carbonara to be ready... hence you made a craaazy song! Haha! But it's nice. :)
ps2: ...Ensiiii!! Haha, you made me think of "For The Love Of God" by Steve Vai... :kickass:)

Again, congrats everyone, and thanks!!

^^Thanks and indeed, I was really surprised by Mystiques song. Really good!

01. Lowberg - I heard this a while ago and I love it. I think I love the vocals the most, I think the pre chorus riff (similar to BBT) and the chorus riff is AWESOME. The part where you scream FUCK YOU really sounds damn cool. The outro "speech" is also hilarious. :lol: You're my new hero. :kickass:

My solo was cool at first because I wrote it at 120, but I didn't know I had to play 16th tripets at 145bpm, so I was sweating while playing that, I tell ya!

02. Flappy - This intro is AMAZING. The tone and note choice is just so powerful. The rest of the song is great too, I like the key changes (I think they were) during all that open string work, nice stuff!

03. Ensi - I really like the during the second half of the song and there's a bit after that reminds me of Stone, it's cool. The intro is very random and makes me think of your crazy ass posts. :Smokin:

04. Mystique - That fast thrash thing was so unexpected but in a positive way!! I was sitting here all calm during the intro and then that neo-classic type thing came in. The composition and tone reminds me of Something Wild alot.

05. Tim Merrick - Another rifftastic intro! Kinda reminds me of Arch Enemy a tiny bit. The little ending part at 02:10 was really cool, I might have to figure that out. :p

06. Jose - So, you finally wrote your song with this title, huh? :lol: And this is a great black metal style piece, I didn't know what to expect from you since I've only ever heard you play COB before! But it's very cool, the fast "verse" riff is headbangable with those drums! Sounds like you got Kerry King to play your guest solos too! :kickass:

07. JMBullet & CrazyChris - I didn't like it at first but after listening to it for a while, the verse parts seemed to grow on me. There's some nice chord progressions in there.

08. Dave - I definitely feel this needed some vocals, but the music itself had no flaws. I did like the way it had progressivly has more leads nearer the end, and a kind of build up and then a fade out, which went to a cool clean guitar part.

Overall, what a GREAT album and such a fun project. I think this is the third composition I've EVER finished. :lol: So if it wasn't for this, I would have never been motivated to do anything like this and I'd love to do another one sometime in the near future, hopefully all the people that actually say they'll do it will actually post again.