COBOT: the Album

Ableton Live is shit. Go try something like Cool Edit Pro 2.0, Sony Vegas 8.0 Pro or some other crap like Pro Tools or Sonar. Dunno.

I use Sony Vegas 8.0 Pro for both video and audio recording. Don't think it's soo good for mastering tho, it has alot of features.

I don't know how to master... OMG SOMEONE HELP ME.

So tell me you who knows mastering. What is the main things you do when mastering?

Just a Qiuck Question, which program do you use to record and all that, because i use Live Lite and it's kinda difficult to find out how to use it ?

I use Adobe Audition if I'm in dire straits and need to record to my laptop for some reason. The sound quality isn't great if I do that, though. For most instances, I just go to the radio station and use the ProTools rig we have in our studio. Perfect sound if you do it right. It's what I used for my vocals for mine and Marie's song.

My experience with Live Lite was:

Install-->Try-->(after 10 min)''This thing is a fucking piece of shit!-->Uninstall

I use Cool Edit Pro 2.1, which is more or less the same of Adobe Audition, and I had Reaper too in the other computer but not here on the laptop.

Yeah i have Cool Edit 2.1, but i stil can't figure out how to get my GearBox as the output, so when i try to record nothings happen :S

Ableton Live is shit. Go try something like Cool Edit Pro 2.0, Sony Vegas 8.0 Pro or some other crap like Pro Tools or Sonar. Dunno.

I use Sony Vegas 8.0 Pro for both video and audio recording. Don't think it's soo good for mastering tho, it has alot of features.

I don't know how to master... OMG SOMEONE HELP ME.

So tell me you who knows mastering. What is the main things you do when mastering?

Isn't Sony Vegas Expensive as hell for what you get? I have a friend who uses it, and he bought it, and has regreted it since :S

I use Adobe Audition if I'm in dire straits and need to record to my laptop for some reason. The sound quality isn't great if I do that, though. For most instances, I just go to the radio station and use the ProTools rig we have in our studio. Perfect sound if you do it right. It's what I used for my vocals for mine and Marie's song.

It doesn't got to do anything with the DAW, it's the soundcard of your laptop that makes the sound, along with other things but the soundcard is a mainfactor. In your studio you got also more advanced equipment.

How is protools?

Yeah i have Cool Edit 2.1, but i stil can't figure out how to get my GearBox as the output, so when i try to record nothings happen :S
I don't use cool edit, but look after a hardware setup, or device setup or something, there you can select the output, soundcard etc. (in audition it's under the "edit" button..)

Isn't Sony Vegas Expensive as hell for what you get? I have a friend who uses it, and he bought it, and has regreted it since :S

He downloads it;)

You have to set your recording in line device to your Toneport (or the device you are using if you have installed the drivers right).

Should be in control panel -> Sound and devices -> Recording

Dunno what the names are in your language, since I have a norwegian PC.

Also, the computer sound (and your recorded files) will come out through your PC speakers (or for the device you have set for line out).

To hear your LIVE playing, you'll have to either:

-Use headphones (or separate speakers) in the monitor output or headphones output of your device.
-Set your output playback device to your Toneport (or wtf Line 6 device you got). So you hear both the live playing, and the computer sounds.

On another note, Sony Vegas 8.0's sole purpose is not music recording, I bet there are other softwares that are much better. But it works just fine.

It doesn't got to do anything with the DAW, it's the soundcard of your laptop that makes the sound, along with other things but the soundcard is a mainfactor. In your studio you got also more advanced equipment.

How is protools?

The thing that makes my laptop suck most for vocal recording is a) my shitty headset mic and b) terrible acoustics everywhere outside of the radio station.

ProTools has a complicated interface, but once you figure it out, it's great for just tooling around and making things sound totally different than how you recorded them. Between a 7-channel EQ mixer and about eight different devices for changing modulation, echo, pitch, and every other possible vocal element, it's amazing.