Come up with a reason that would not make Opeth the greatest band in the world

Koi

Dec 5, 2005
Gbg sweden
www.myspace.com
Never in my life have i heard of a purely genious discography,
but with a long musical past Opeth are pretty damn close...with only a couple of tracks that wont satisfy me as a song but by being moodfillers, opeth have truly opened my eyes for music and changed the path for me, almost that it´s homosexually touching... They make music a journey, greater than any book or movie in my opinnion, since you get to use youre imagination and hear the atmospheres (MAYH&Still life), and the music it self is truly spectacular in every way... They have truly made life more intresting.

HaloPhenomenon said:
opeth have truly opened my eyes for music and changed the path for me, almost that it´s homosexually touching...

BIG FUCKIN LOL

Anyway, that aside, a couple reasons why Opeth aren't the greatest band in the world....

-The Beatles
-Porcupine Tree
-Pink Floyd

I need arguments, with the examples..but yes those are some worthy competitors.
But what would make them better? exept for their reputation. I must agree on that Porcupine Tree come close, but i disagree that The Beatles and Pink Floyd would musically be able to outdo opeth. Yes those are some brave and big words i am using, but i seriously mean it.

HaloPhenomenon said:
I need arguments, not examples..but yes those are some worthy compeditors.
But what would make them better? exept for their reputation. I must agree on that Porcupine Tree come close, but i disagree that The Beatles and Pink Floyd would musically be able to outdo opeth. Yes those are some brave and big words i am using, but i seriously mean it.
Whoa, those are big words.

Opeth are amazing and creative, but Pink Floyd and the Beatles are both more so.

I mean.....

Look at Black Rose Immortal vs. Echoes. As good as BRI does, it goes down in round 1.

Jude: Howbout the fact that allmost everything opeth has done is by far more creative than anything pink floyd has ever done,
and would "revolver" really beat "still life"?

dsk: What´s your point?

My point is that the greatest band ever would have 1 great drummer who both recorded and played live. At the moment, Opeth are touring with a fill-in drummer because of concerns with M.Lopez. This touring drummer not doubt does a great job, however, as far as I can tell, he is not part of the "band". Lopez, as far as I can tell, is part of the "band". How can the greatest "band" of all time have 1 drummer at home and 1 for the road. If they really were the greatest, then only 1 drummer would be required for home and away.

Jude said:
BIG FUCKIN LOL

Anyway, that aside, a couple reasons why Opeth aren't the greatest band in the world....

-The Beatles
-Porcupine Tree
-Pink Floyd

P.T.? .... .... .... .... ....