Come up with a reason that would not make Opeth the greatest band in the world

Braighs said:
Agalloch is - A completely different style.
Pain of Salvation is - Not even worth bringing up.
Sonata Arctica is - Cheesy Crap, who gives a shit if they're more melodic?
Emperor is - Not kvlt, in the slightest.
Gentle Giant - Wouldn't have a clue.

This thread is pointless - Exactly.

Fixed.

You have to be completely fucking retarded to think Pain Of Salvation isn't worth bringing up. If ANY band is to be compared to Opeth, they are the very FIRST to come to mind. they aren't even that far off stylistically. Plus, i know so so SO many people who's two favorite bands are Opeth and Pain Of Salvation. I can think of 10 off the top of my head.

They are one of the greatest artists in the world in my opinion. But until they release an album that is better than:

Led Zepplin IV--Led Zepplin
Dark Side of the Moon--Pink Floyd
Abbey Road--The Beatles
Daydream Nation--Sonic Youth
OK Computer--Radiohead
Automatic For The People--REM
What's Going On--Marvin Gaye
Songs in the Key of Life--Stevie Wonder
Hatful of Hollow--The Smiths

they won't be the greatest...but close, damn close.

Mumblefood said:
You have to be completely fucking retarded to think Pain Of Salvation isn't worth bringing up. If ANY band is to be compared to Opeth, they are the very FIRST to come to mind. they aren't even that far off stylistically. Plus, i know so so SO many people who's two favorite bands are Opeth and Pain Of Salvation. I can think of 10 off the top of my head.

:wave:

WTF - You dissagreed with all my supporting statements and then agreed with my conclusion. LOL
Geee...thanx for "fixing" my opinions. You should check out GG and open up your mind.

HaloPhenomenon said:
Never heard pain of salvation actually so i cant comment on that.
Risquit come on, your examples are so predictable. You can do better than that.

Yeah, still didn't really give good analysis did I. I guess my point is that despite Opeth's astounding discography, they haven't put out an absolute classic on the level of the critically acclaimed and publicly loved albums I mentioned above.