Concept of Blackwater Park?

BloodSword

Jan 30, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
I told everyone I am somewhat new to Opeth. So, all Opeth pros Will be able to help me out on this. I am a little confused as to the concept,but it appears to me it's about a town assailed with leprosy, and the extremes the people(Michael in the first person) takes to rid themselves of this disease. The lyrics are well-written,but are still a little difficult for me to understand.Example: "A liquid seeps from your chest and drains me away." and "Caked in the soil beneath, fear me when we meet, turn away in admiration, my firm grip round the nucleus of joy." and one more "And you are just like them all, stained by the names of Fathers, I'm greeting my downward fall, Leaving the throes to others." Forgive me if this was already posted, but this is making me crazier than I already am. I take each album and try to understand everything about it, to me that is how I get the FULL affect. Please Help,Peace.:cry: :loco:

You mean pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis?

No, wait. Nevermind, that's what you get when you inhale fine silica dust... usually from coal mines.

I think this thread has been done before... multiple times.

- pbbbtttt if you thought that word was big I got bigger!

Hey,OpethNZ or whatever the fuck you are, I'm new to this forum and I didn't know ther was a concept thread. I apologized for posting something that may have already been posted!! Read the fuckin' question all the way through before you take shots at me. You remeind me of people who wipe their ass before they shit, ain't got no sense. Lighten up!!:yell:

Tubbs, I apologized for posting a previous thread about the concept. I was repsonding to OpethNZ for his belittling comment towards me. But ,I will say this if you have something to say to me directly message me. Relax,let's move on. Peace.

Yeah, BWP is an album with definite themes, but no solid concept. It would be a real stretch to turn it into a story, but if you think you can do it, go for it. A while back someone was able to put together a solid interpretation of Deliverance as a concept album about a murderer.

Someone before said that some songs on the album were about Murdering someone and raping their body.

Maby the concept was about a serial killer who would murder people.. And by Lepers, Mike means the skin of the corpse decomposing?

And maby Its called Blackwater Park because the killer would dump the bodies in the lake of a park?...

crybabypussies.jpg

This, more or less, is why I don't post here anymore. I don't understand how such a harmless question can suddenly turn into a bitch fight at the hands of some senior member, who seems to think that he/she is higher then everyone else... and the thing that really gets me is that some of the senior members have the nerve to say they hate the way this forum turned out when they are responsible for half the bullshit that goes on around here. :erk:

ironbeard, I apologize, for I don't have an answer to your question, but (assuming that BWP even does have a concept) I wish you luck in your search.