Concerts - 2008

PAGANFEST! This Thursday
Very nice! Ive heard about Eluveitie, was going to check them out at some point. Not so sure about Tyr, but that makes 3 bands worth checking out, which is more than entire festivals could have said about themselves lately. Im sure you'll have a blast :)

Very nice! Ive heard about Eluveitie, was going to check them out at some point. Not so sure about Tyr, but that makes 3 bands worth checking out, which is more than entire festivals could have said about themselves lately. Im sure you'll have a blast :)

Eluveitie is awesome, They sound like Dark Tranquillity/ In flames with folk elements. I found Tyr pretty boring.

Finntroll next week

Amon Amarth in October

nothing else yet. I was supposed to see Eluveitie @ the Medley but they got stuck at the border because of some bs story or something and I just didn't go to the show...

How do you forget that?

First band sucked. Didn't even bother to remember the name. Aborted was good... 1349 was brief, but brutal... Necrophagist, Suffocation... was all good. You missed good stuff.

As far as I know the only clip on youtube as of yesterday was Frank (Suffocation) 's rant on how awesome Wal-Mart was for killing implements.

~kov.

How do you forget that?

First band sucked. Didn't even bother to remember the name. Aborted was good... 1349 was brief, but brutal... Necrophagist, Suffocation... was all good. You missed good stuff.

As far as I know the only clip on youtube as of yesterday was Frank (Suffocation) 's rant on how awesome Wal-Mart was for killing implements.

~kov.

I taped Ken Owen's drumsolo(see signature), but I'm gonna look for that Wal-Mart rant.

My only problem with Aborted was the vocalist. I mean he seemed like he was energetic and having a good time, which was fun, but his vocals were too inward and JFAC-esque

edit: The Wal-Mart rant was amazing. Frank is so great

Hi everybody!

Just a word to let you know that Orphaned Land will be playing in Normandy, France, for the festival Cidre & Dragon, it's a festival of heroic fantasy with roleplay, street spectacles, medieval camp and market, and a lot of nice stuff!!

The website : www.cidreetdragon.com. Sorry it's in French!!

And I'm sorry to post on several website, but I really want to let people know about this festival and concert!

Plus we need a driver to take Orphaned Land at the airport in Paris and to take them to Normandy, and to drive them back. You will be able to spend a few hours with the band, have a few beers, and you will have the transport from Paris paid, plus you will have a free ticket for the concert!

So who's interested? :headbang:

Motörhead + Airbourne
Amorphis
In Flames
Metallica in 2009 (pit tickets, bee-otch!)

Hm, come to think of it: I can just go to see the show when I'm bored - there are quite a few in town this fall. The ones I mentioned are which I'm kind of looking forward to.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I was supposed to go to that show. I forgot all about it. :cry:

"Fans" :lol:

I didn't know they were touring till I saw some news.

Excellent line-up for the Carcass show, indeed. I wonder, was Ken Owen introduced at some point during the show? Aborted live are especially good, but the latest two efforts especially Strychnine.213 were horrible I thought. Blowjob-esque, as Nikki mentioned.

Goremageddon ftw!

Excellent line-up for the Carcass show, indeed. I wonder, was Ken Owen introduced at some point during the show? Aborted live are especially good, but the latest two efforts especially Strychnine.213 were horrible I thought. Blowjob-esque, as Nikki mentioned.

Goremageddon ftw!

yup

I went and saw At The Gates yesterday. Despite the fact that 'reunion' is, by empirical evidence, a dirty word in the music industry, it was a pretty damn good night. In fact, I'd go as far as to say they're one of the best live bands I've seen. Very energetic, very good fun. I think the hiatus was a good thing, because the material felt fresh - it wasn't like they were all bored with the songs because they've played them a thousand times before, on a thousand tours before. Still, it's a good thing they're not reuniting for good, I think at this point any new material they'd record would fall short of even the lowest expectations (which have had at least 12 years to form).
Did anyone else on here get to see them yet? I saw this tour mentioned by some of you on the previous page.

Did anyone else on here get to see them yet? I saw this tour mentioned by some of you on the previous page.
I saw them at Hellfest. Actually, I went especially to see At The Gates as this will be my last chance, and I'm certainly not disappointed. Amazing show! Easily one of the top three bands at Hellfest imo. I thought this reunion is a great idea, and I'm quite happy with the fact that they will not be recording any new material.

Can't believe you Swedes got Primal Breath and Neverwhere into the set. Would have been interesting to see them play these songs.

Anders previously mentioned several times that they might get Alf to play a song or two for a couple of shows. Too bad it didn't work out.