Concerts - 2007

*Revival*

Does April/May 2008 count even though I know I'm going already? Progressive Nation 2008 with some awesome bands (just go to the Opeth forum on this board, its on top or near it). Very excited. Great Success!

Also, have fun you Greeks! I bet they're going to be some great shows...

I only have 3 left for the rest of the year:erk:

Suffocation-November 15
Behemoth-November 17
Amon Amarth-December 2

but then there's 08, which shall be discussed in another thread

Also, have fun you Greeks! I bet they're going to be some great shows...
I'm a bit buffled. What do you mean? If you're talking about the DT shows, they already happened.

There's a Rotting Christ gig on Saturday in my city, and a doc/friend who knows the club owner has already invited me to go with him. I'm a bit put off though, my ears are slightly still ringing, and i know it can't come close to the DT gig. I guess we'll see.

I'm a bit buffled. What do you mean? If you're talking about the DT shows, they already happened.

There's a Rotting Christ gig on Saturday in my city, and a doc/friend who knows the club owner has already invited me to go with him. I'm a bit put off though, my ears are slightly still ringing, and i know it can't come close to the DT gig. I guess we'll see.

Temporal distortion between my ears. In all honesty, I forgot the DT dates and was going to say something earlier, forgot to say it, then remembered while looking through some old threads. So I just did, and hoped it was right :p. I hope you had an amazing time anyway, even if my well-wishing does suck.

I would love to see Rotting Christ. A very underrated band and even though I don't like them as much as DT I still think they're amazing. Though they hardly ever come to the USA :(. If you do go, let us (me) know how they performed.

Too many concerts all at once can take a serious toll though, especially heavier bands. I'm avoiding a Suffocation show to see Behemoth two days later. I would love to see both, but I don't want to go to the Behemoth show already physically beat up, because its harder to be enthusiastic when normal pushing and shoving becomes painful. Plus I like Behemoth more anyway.

(I hope my posts aren't all tl;dr...)

@DisplayofCharacter: Thank you, i did enjoy the show very very much. :) I intend to make a post about it in the appropriate thread, but i'm a bit bored to write it down now.
As for Rotting Christ, i think they'll do a headline US tour soon, check out their site to make sure. I saw them 5 years ago, they were very good and also very nice guys (i met them after the show).
I might get earplugs and go. I didn't get in the pit but my body feels crushed.

Temporal distortion between my ears. In all honesty, I forgot the DT dates and was going to say something earlier, forgot to say it, then remembered while looking through some old threads. So I just did, and hoped it was right :p. I hope you had an amazing time anyway, even if my well-wishing does suck.

I would love to see Rotting Christ. A very underrated band and even though I don't like them as much as DT I still think they're amazing. Though they hardly ever come to the USA :(. If you do go, let us (me) know how they performed.

Too many concerts all at once can take a seriously toll though, especially heavier bands. I'm avoiding a Suffocation show to see Behemoth two days later. I would love to see both, but I don't want to go to the Behemoth show already physically beat up, because its harder to be enthusiastic when normal pushing and shoving becomes painful. Plus I like Behemoth more anyway.

(I hope my posts are all tl;dr...)

RC will be touring the US next year w/ With Belphegor, Immolation and Averse Sefira

Saw Rotting Christ this evening. It was ok, but the venue was tiny and the sound bad. Sakis was hanging around at the bar after the show and we shook hands. :p

@Display: Haha, i didn't expect anyone to be jealous for that. I tried to get a couple of videos with my cellphone while i was getting bored, but they turned out too short and the sound is really bad. If you want i'll try to find a way to pass them to my pc and upload them.

I went to a Porcupine Tree concert on Wednesday and it was awesome. They played most songs off their newest album but I didn't mind. The sound was the best I have ever heard at a concert (Georg-Elser-Halle in Munich). I only wish they had played Freebird by Lynnyrd Skynnyrd as they once did so.
The opening band Anathema wasn't really good, not bad either, but a friend of mine who knows them better said they didn't play their best songs so maybe they are better sometimes.

Big recommendation.

PS for feet fetishists: Steven Wilson was the only person I have ever seen playing bare-footed.

Just saw Diego at the local club here in my pretty how town. Its a Slovak band, but they sing in English and are very good. So, should they be coming your way, dont miss them.

@Matse:
I´m thinking about attending a Porcupine Tree concert this weekend, not sure yet if I´ll go or not yet though.