Concerts - 2007

Gojira and Behemoth was tonight, twas awesome.

Missed you again, not that I was looking for you, nor do I know what you look like. Too many scene kiddies there, they damaged part of the experience for me.
Gojira and Behemoth put on a great set though.

Where, and why didn't you take me?
I was listening to "The Nephilm Rising" just now, did they play that?

Nah, but they played a lot of good songs, even one from their black metal days. Good stuff.

Makaan: I am jealous. Porcupine Tree is fantastic, and I heard they are great live. Gogogogogogogogo.

If you saw a girl carrying around a dog, 'twas me,hehe.

Not to my recollection. I was on the mid-left side of the stage for the two sets I (well we, me and my friend - two tallish guys with long hair, mine is black and my friend's was dirty blonde, yeah, a real distinction heh) saw - Gojira and Behemoth - so if you were on the balcony or the other side I probably didn't see you. Behemoth did impress me with their stage antics. It may be that adolescent boy in me, but fake blood and a cool mask are awesome. Gojira were really tight and they sounded great - they lived up to their reputation in my eyes. Ah well.

Not to my recollection. I was on the mid-left side of the stage for the two sets I (well we, me and my friend - two tallish guys with long hair, mine is black and my friend's was dirty blonde, yeah, a real distinction heh) saw - Gojira and Behemoth - so if you were on the balcony or the other side I probably didn't see you. Behemoth did impress me with their stage antics. It may be that adolescent boy in me, but fake blood and a cool mask are awesome. Gojira were really tight and they sounded great - they lived up to their reputation in my eyes. Ah well.

They didn't have the fake blood at the Chicago show WTF!!!:p

:lol: I'm not old enough for the balcony, I was in the middle. I still have the blood on my arm, and I've taken at least 3 showers since,hahaa.

:lol: I'm not old enough for the balcony, I was in the middle. I still have the blood on my arm, and I've taken at least 3 showers since,hahaa.

:p I wasn't implying anything, heh. I might have actually passed you then, because I started at the middle before the behemoth set, but by the time I pushed up to the stage I was on the left side again. Did they have a local band open up? I seriously only got there like ten minutes before Gojira went on, and left right after Behemoth got off for good (after buying merch). That was the shortest show I've ever been to.

:p I wasn't implying anything, heh. I might have actually passed you then, because I started at the middle before the behemoth set, but by the time I pushed up to the stage I was on the left side again. Did they have a local band open up? I seriously only got there like ten minutes before Gojira went on, and left right after Behemoth got off for good (after buying merch). That was the shortest show I've ever been to.

Nah, Gojira opened. I stayed for JFAC, though. It was funny, I was watching the invisible ninjas.

Nah, Gojira opened. I stayed for JFAC, though. It was funny, I was watching the invisible ninjas.

:lol: I laughed for quite a while after I read that. I didn't have the patience to stay, though I thought about screwing around just to ruin their video. I dunno what show I'm going to next, I have no definite plans until Dream Theater/Opeth, and my instinct is that they'll be playing the Electric Factory. Dream Theater is far too important to play the troc :p. I was going to go to the Decapitated show, but that's obviously out. Have you seen anything good lately?

:lol: I laughed for quite a while after I read that. I didn't have the patience to stay, though I thought about screwing around just to ruin their video. I dunno what show I'm going to next, I have no definite plans until Dream Theater/Opeth, and my instinct is that they'll be playing the Electric Factory. Dream Theater is far too important to play the troc :p. I was going to go to the Decapitated show, but that's obviously out. Have you seen anything good lately?

I'm waiting for Amon Amarth. Then 3 inches of blood and Hate Eternal in January. Dream Theater will most likely play the Tower Theater, they played there for three, four years straight.

I'm waiting for Amon Amarth. Then 3 inches of blood and Hate Eternal in January.

I actually don't know enough Amon to warrant the purchase, still it should be a good show. I wanted to see Therion but they cancelled the Philly part because they had a "dispute" over whatever venue - I think it was the Tower, actually - over the day or something stupid like that.

Dream Theater will most likely play the Tower Theater, they played there for three, four years straight.

Really? Wow, I would have figured that would be too small a venue. I know they aren't a real head-banging band, but the Tower, to me, is best set for solo or acoustic acts (i.e. Chris Cornell played there earlier this year, solo). *shrugs* You would know better than I.

I actually don't know enough Amon to warrant the purchase, still it should be a good show. I wanted to see Therion but they cancelled the Philly part because they had a "dispute" over whatever venue - I think it was the Tower, actually - over the day or something stupid like that.

Really? Wow, I would have figured that would be too small a venue. I know they aren't a real head-banging band, but the Tower, to me, is best set for solo or acoustic acts (i.e. Chris Cornell played there earlier this year, solo). *shrugs* You would know better than I.

Even if you don't know any of Amon's songs, it'll still be a good show, but I'm not going to force you to come. My friends and I were gonna go to Therion, it was supposed to be at the TLA, it's a tiny venue, over the day, yeah.

The Tower Theater is huge, I saw Dream Theater and Into Eternity there this past summer, it's a sit down theater though, it's like a large movie theater, tons of seats and a large balcony.

Even if you don't know any of Amon's songs, it'll still be a good show, but I'm not going to force you to come. My friends and I were gonna go to Therion, it was supposed to be at the TLA, it's a tiny venue, over the day, yeah.
Heh, well it might be a good experience.Its just that I enjoy Decapitated a lot, and it was a disappointment and shock over what happened. I like Therion a lot, and I think they are talented, but they also sounded a bit pompous to me in the press release. It wasn't a huge blow to me that they weren't coming.

The Tower Theater is huge, I saw Dream Theater and Into Eternity there this past summer, it's a sit down theater though, it's like a large movie theater, tons of seats and a large balcony.
I must have confused the TLA with the Tower. I haven't been to the Tower before, but I've been by the TLA. I knew one of the two were pretty small. Is there any non-seated area in which to congregate? I wouldn't mind sitting for Dream Theater, but Opeth and even Between the Buried and Me have some songs worth rushing the stage for/getting in a pit.

Heh, well it might be a good experience.Its just that I enjoy Decapitated a lot, and it was a disappointment and shock over what happened. I like Therion a lot, and I think they are talented, but they also sounded a bit pompous to me in the press release. It wasn't a huge blow to me that they weren't coming.

I must have confused the TLA with the Tower. I haven't been to the Tower before, but I've been by the TLA. I knew one of the two were pretty small. Is there any non-seated area in which to congregate? I wouldn't mind sitting for Dream Theater, but Opeth and even Between the Buried and Me have some songs worth rushing the stage for/getting in a pit.

If the guards are cool enough, you can run to the stage for Opeth and BTBAM, we did that for Into Eternity, a whole bunch of us rushed the stage, but the DT fans hated them,haha.

If the guards are cool enough, you can run to the stage for Opeth and BTBAM, we did that for Into Eternity, a whole bunch of us rushed the stage, but the DT fans hated them,haha.

Hah, good to know. Definitely planning on doing that then. A metal show at a seated venue... Any smaller venues I might not be aware of in Philly scene? I don't know any local metal at all. Assume I know all the bigger venues.

Hah, good to know. Definitely planning on doing that then. A metal show at a seated venue... Any smaller venues I might not be aware of in Philly scene? I don't know any local metal at all. Assume I know all the bigger venues.

First Unitarian Church
Khyber(usually 21+)
Starlight Ballroom
Trocadero Balcony

they have some local and some smaller acts play there. Actually, last week, Suffocation was supposed to play there.

they have some local and some smaller acts play there. Actually, last week, Suffocation was supposed to play there.

I was actually going to go to that show before my cash ran dry. I'm keen on checking out some NY venues now that I am close enough to go to them. Unfortunately, I can only go to shows during the week, but ah well. I need to un-lazy myself and check em out.

I was actually going to go to that show before my cash ran dry. I'm keen on checking out some NY venues now that I am close enough to go to them. Unfortunately, I can only go to shows during the week, but ah well. I need to un-lazy myself and check em out.

I can only go on weekends to NY shows, but winter break is coming up, so I might be going there more often