Who is *NOT* available in 2008.....

OK, I do not think anyone is gonna give a hoot. But, here goes:

FRIDAY:

Raintime: We will be amongst the first in this building. No way do I not catch this set.
Communic: We will see these guys. Are they as good live as the CD?
Virgin Steele: Never thrilled with them as a kid. Probably hang in the seats
Redemption: They supported DT. They cpould be good. Otherwise me and the fiance will hit the vendors/bar
Pagan's Mind: Got the CD. Wanna see them live.
Sonata Arctica: Jani or no Jani. I don't care if Sanjaya Malakar is on guitar. I will be hugging the rail in the Gold section.

Saturday:
Firewind: I will be here for this.
Threshold: I will stay for a bit
Primal Fear: Outta my way! I am grabbing primo seats for this one.
After Forever: wake me up when Floor is done.
Da Jam: Outta my way! I am getting a primo spot for this one

Raintime Interested in hearing what they can do live. Will see them.
Communic Should be a killer set!!
Virgin Steele I am gonna give them a chance, but they may lose me.
Redemption The one I'm looking forward to the most besides AF.
Pagan's Mind Really excited to see them!!!!
Sonata Arctica Seen them many times before, always a good show.
Firewind Not sure what to expect without the vocalist. Will see it.
Threshold Will definitely check them out. Now I like them.
Primal Fear Not my thing, but I'll watch some of it.
After Forever The one I look forward to the most. Killer!!
All Star Jam Will be enjoyable to a point. I'm afraid I won't know all of the songs chosen and that may lose me.

THERE IS A STEAK AND SHAKE NEAR THE VENUE??!! WHERE?!?!?!

Nah, it's not "near the venue". I stay out up on I 75 (I think that's the one) and it's right up by the Georgia Tech campus off of one of the exits. It's the only goddamned place open in the city besides some waffle house that's also up that way. :loco:

Raintime - I'm VERY interested to see this band, if they play more from Moot-Lie than Flies and Lies

Hehe, that's gonna be difficult considering that Moot-Lie is the title of one song, not an album - and I doubt they'll play the same tune for the mainpart of their set :heh:

And, all joking aside, they are gonna be at PP to promote "Flies And Lies" as that's the new disc with widespread distribution, whereas "Tales From Sadness" isn't even available anymore. They are probably gonna play a song or two from TFS, but it's FAL that's important right now.

c.

Hehe, that's gonna be difficult considering that Moot-Lie is the title of one song, not an album - and I doubt they'll play the same tune for the mainpart of their set :heh:

And, all joking aside, they are gonna be at PP to promote "Flies And Lies" as that's the new disc with widespread distribution, whereas "Tales From Sadness" isn't even available anymore. They are probably gonna play a song or two from TFS, but it's FAL that's important right now.

c.

On the other hand, it's TFS is the one that most here who like them are most familiar with. I'd rather they played at least half the set of material I know. If not, my excitemnet level just dropped a notch.

Nah, it's not "near the venue". I stay out up on I 75 (I think that's the one) and it's right up by the Georgia Tech campus off of one of the exits.

Yep, it's up off I-75; MapQuest indicates it's Exit 255. That's important because just saying it's on "the Northside Drive exit" could be confusing. The Steak and Shake is right by where the exit ramp dumps ya.

It's the only goddamned place open in the city besides some waffle house that's also up that way. :loco:

Not true, of course; there are several places that are open.
Taco Cabana is north of the venue and is good (the one in Houston near MadFest has better menu options, though).
R. Thomas is within walking distance up Peachtree.
There are several Chinese places open until at least 3am; one of them is on Cheshire Bridge Rd. not far from Taco Cabana.

I'll have to check on the current status of Chinese Buddha, which was always a PPUSA fave for us.

On the other hand, it's TFS is the one that most here who like them are most familiar with. I'd rather they played at least half the set of material I know. If not, my excitemnet level just dropped a notch.

Considering that TFS didn't have good distribution and isn't even available anylonger I don't really see the reason to play much material from that one. What matters is the new album which is available all over the world, (and in USA with Warner distribution it should be in stores everywhere) and which is the one we're promoting. I can inform you that we sold 900 copies worldwide of TFS (at least that's the official number we got from the label), whereas the new one already is 7 times that number, and hopefully will be much more soon (since it's just released a week or so ago in USA we haven't gotten any sales figures from there).

I'm sorry if your excitement level dropped, but 900 copies worldwide doesn't validate us focusing our set at a US festival on that one disc, especially not since it's the new album which got us onto the festival in the first place.

c.

Nah, it's not "near the venue". I stay out up on I 75 (I think that's the one) and it's right up by the Georgia Tech campus off of one of the exits. It's the only goddamned place open in the city besides some waffle house that's also up that way. :loco:

Nope Checkers is open after the festival each night as well!!

Considering that TFS didn't have good distribution and isn't even available anylonger I don't really see the reason to play much material from that one. What matters is the new album which is available all over the world, (and in USA with Warner distribution it should be in stores everywhere) and which is the one we're promoting. I can inform you that we sold 900 copies worldwide of TFS (at least that's the official number we got from the label), whereas the new one already is 7 times that number, and hopefully will be much more soon (since it's just released a week or so ago in USA we haven't gotten any sales figures from there).

I'm sorry if your excitement level dropped, but 900 copies worldwide doesn't validate us focusing our set at a US festival on that one disc, especially not since it's the new album which got us onto the festival in the first place.

c.

This show isn't part of a Raintime U.S. tour, so I fail to see why there should be any label-enforced focus on Flies and Lies. Don't get me wrong, I love the album and can't wait to see it done live. If the band prefers to play mostly off FAL, thats fine. But the fact that TFS didn't get decent distribution shouldn't factor into a one-off setlist such as PP, which historically has produced setlists that tend to vary a bit from normal tour setlists.

Let the band do what they want. And if you aren't familiar with Flies & Lies, get familiar. =) Its a great album. Maybe they'll play a song off the first, but its not ilke they have a super long set length to do equally treat both.

Flies and Lies is good, but it is sad to hear that they are going to ignore Tales From Sadness. I think also that this is not a tour to support the new CD, so they could play more from the first one.

Flies and Lies is good, but it is sad to hear that they are going to ignore Tales From Sadness. I think also that this is not a tour to support the new CD, so they could play more from the first one.

Noone said they would not play songs from TFS - I just said the focus will be on the new disc, which is the one that got them the gig at PP.

c.