Concerts

I saw Porcupine Tree and KATATONIA last night. :)

Kata was awesome, sound was ok, good setlist (favourites I can remember.. July, My Twin, Follower, Forsaker and the best one imo Evidence).
You could tell Jonas was loving playing Stockholm.
He was so pumped after the last track that he was stuttering thanking the audience. :)
Great gig guys!!!

Porcupine Tree... Oh boy!
This band plays their own league live. Its without a doubt the best sounding gig I have ever seen, the perfection is amazing, every song was like a complete recreation of the originals and Steven doesnt miss one note on the vocal part, its almost scary.
I remember beeing amazed last time I saw them but this was even better, floored.

I have'nt been that impressed with The Incident at all, but seeing it live like this with this sound, the imagery and videos on the projector just made it magic, pure magic.

Best song was The Start of Something Beautiful on the second set.

Im defenitely seeing them next time they come, even if the next album for some reason sucks I know they wont disappoint live.

I saw Porcupine Tree and KATATONIA last night. :)

I was there, too. Simply AWESOME. Since I haven't dug much into everything Porcupine Tree has made my main goal was to see Kata live, but what happened after Kata played their set was beyond all expectations. I had never seen PT live before and the performance blew me away - everything so clean, shaped to the smallest detail. Although I'm into more heavy stuff in general they caught my attention from first seconds to the very end. Now I know why they are worth seeing them live.

I Am Nothing had horrible sound. But overall the sound wasn't that bad IMO. Can't be compared to Porcupine Tree though, their sound was awesome. Best live sound I've heard by far. I am not very experienced in live shows though, it was one of my first :)

I was there, too. Simply AWESOME. Since I haven't dug much into everything Porcupine Tree has made my main goal was to see Kata live, but what happened after Kata played their set was beyond all expectations. I had never seen PT live before and the performance blew me away - everything so clean, shaped to the smallest detail. Although I'm into more heavy stuff in general they caught my attention from first seconds to the very end. Now I know why they are worth seeing them live.

In a few hours I will see them here in Helsinki.
I saw Katatonia a few years ago in Portugal as main performers, quite good.
Not big expectations given the circunstances of opening for PT, but I'm sure I'll have a great time.
Very excited about PT though, first time I will see them live, and based on your feedback will be great. Let's see if they beat Tool on live sound.

^ rofl it sounds nothing like on record. drawing the line when i saw it, Gav's drums made that song into a very powerful song, one i didn't think is was on record. that post is garbage, tool haven't been "epic" live since 10000 days was released.

I was at the Stockholm gig aswell and I must say that I was disappointed by Katatonia. But I wont hold any grudge since they were the warm up act. I think the problem with Katatonias gig was the sound, fucking worthless sound. Loud as hell and the mix was so damn bad, I dont think I heard a single lead.

Porcupine Tree on the other hand totaly owned the place, it is the best act I've seen live. The sound was almost perfect, loved the setlist (Mother And Child Divided, Anesthetize, Time Flies -> Circle Of Manias were the highlights imo), great performance by all the members and it was a great interaction betwen the crowd and the band. Simply amazing.

hehe, I was pretty sad that I couldnt go to the Katatonia gig today but now I read from FB that they had to cut the gig short because daniel broke his kick pedal or smthng! haha oh the joy

Heya, just saw PT and Kata live here . I hope to see Katatonia soon again coz the 40 minutes they played went all too fast. And yes Daniel had a broken pedal. Sounds were OK, I enjoyed it alot. PT was also amazing. Katatonia played Ghost of the sun, july, criminals, my twin, i am nothing, evidence, teargas and murder. They looked like they enjoyed playing.

Yeah, I feel a little bit sad about Katatonia, having to play with a very lousy live sound (it is unbelievable how bad it was), with lots of people in the audience that didn't give a fuck about them and then breaking the pedal and shorten their performance. But that's life, hopefully they will return as headliners at a smaller venue and they will amaze us as usual.
Yeah, murder was cool :)

PT was amazing, killer live sound, extraordinary performers... best concert of the year for me...