Concerts

And on-topic:
Seeing Katatonia sunday
Shining next monday
27 March, supporting Esoteric with my band Toorn
7 May, Negura Bunget, Fen and Gorath
8 May, supporting Ataraxie with Toorn
Also seeing Wolves in the Throne Room, but I forgot the date.
May check out Taake as well.

I'm seeing Vader March 20th, which will be brutal. Other than that only Wacken is booked \m/ Hopefully I'll be playing with Desolator before the summer as well, if we found a club that doesn't consider us "too brutal" :lol:

Last time I saw Vader their sound was beyond terrible. They pretty much had no vocals from where I was standing.

I'll be seeing them with Overkill/God Dethroned/shitty bands in April and then again on a one-off headlining show in May.

Why would DT agree to open for Killswitch anyway? I know they are probably trying to get all the exposure they can for the new album but it's degrading to them imo since they have been around for 20 years.

Why would DT agree to open for Killswitch anyway? I know they are probably trying to get all the exposure they can for the new album but it's degrading to them imo since they have been around for 20 years.

Its degrading not only because they have been around longer but its more degrading ANYTIME a metal band opens for the shit ignorant people label "metal". :mad:

Maybe this is to promote ticket sales? To bring in a bigger crowd?

Oh...PS...This is not to mention Dark Tranquility is ALSO opening for The Devil Wears Prada... :rolleyes:

And on-topic:
Seeing Katatonia sunday
Shining next monday
27 March, supporting Esoteric with my band Toorn
7 May, Negura Bunget, Fen and Gorath
8 May, supporting Ataraxie with Toorn
Also seeing Wolves in the Throne Room, but I forgot the date.
May check out Taake as well.

You do know that it's not the " real " negura you will see right?
I'm curious how they are now, I mean the music they play is awesome, but without Huppogrammos and Sol Faur it's more like a cover band....

Oh and btw I'll see Katatonia tomorrow :D who without Fred and Mattias will be a little less familiar :(

I wanted to write something nice about the Cologne show, how much it surprised me and how great it was... but it's all overshadowed by the accident I had on my way back home. Due to a sudden snowstorm and black ice I lost control of my car on the motorway, crashed into the guarding rail, turned around myself and kept on slipping until a heap of snow stopped me... My newly (& expensively) repaired love of a car looks like shit, I hit my head on the steering wheel, got a shock in my neck (or how you call that) and was almost frightened to death...

But I'M SO FUCKING FUCKING FUCKING GLAD that this didn't turn out to be my very last Katatonia show ever and that I can go to see them again in April <3

Ohh.. lucky there Swany. Glad to year you are (in the circumstance) well.

Just got back from the Nijmegen show..

Wow.

Long Distance Calling was a surprise, very much like ISIS live but without the vocals. Pretty good warmer. Swallow The Sun was pretty cool. I don't really like their albums, but they were good live.

While waiting for the Katz to finish their setup I sat down on some bench thingy to rest my legs, when someone sat down next to me and asked "aren't you from the katatonia forum?". Gave me a start.
So I met Cis there, who was very nice and so I didn't feel like I was alone at this concert anymore. Unfortunately I lost sight of her after the show, would have been nice to talk some more or say goodbye properly. Ah well. Next time. Thanks in any case, Cis. :)

The set itself.. kicked. A lot of songs from the new album (surrrprise) but also some very good other ones. Nothing from the first two or TD but hell.. it was still a very, very good experience.

Now I only wish I could split up so I could treat my own neck properly. At least I know precisely what hurts. Oh the joys of learning ^^

Good night, Kataforum. :)

I wanted to write something nice about the Cologne show, how much it surprised me and how great it was... but it's all overshadowed by the accident I had on my way back home. Due to a sudden snowstorm and black ice I lost control of my car on the motorway, crashed into the guarding rail, turned around myself and kept on slipping until a heap of snow stopped me... My newly (& expensively) repaired love of a car looks like shit, I hit my head on the steering wheel, got a shock in my neck (or how you call that) and was almost frightened to death...

But I'M SO FUCKING FUCKING FUCKING GLAD that this didn't turn out to be my very last Katatonia show ever and that I can go to see them again in April <3

i hope you'll be fine soon! take care and in this convalesce listen some good katamusic :)